1st monthly FTF invitational Results.


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 1st monthly FTF invitational Results.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default 1st monthly FTF invitational Results.

Please post you results with picture of target here.



__________________

Last edited by cpttango30; 06-01-2009 at 10:19 PM.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Record Fire Submission Form:

FTF Name: masterPsmith First Name: Jim
Score: 97 3X Class: Long Range (open class rules)
Rifle: Alvord Custom 10/22 Scope: Weaver 2X10 Irons: N/A
Ammo: Federal Rest: Bench
Conditions: 1 to 2 mph @ 11:00, heavy overcast, light sprinkles at times,
80 degrees.

Date on target should read 6/3/09 (I forgot it was June)



mr31.jpg  
__________________

Last edited by masterPsmith; 06-04-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: wrote wrong date on target
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Record Fire Submission Form:

FTF Name: masterPsmith First Name: Jim
Score: 97 Class: Stock
Rifle: Mossberg 144LSB Scope: N/A Irons: Peep
Ammo: Federal Rest: Bench
Conditions: Wind approx. 5mph @ 11:00, heavy overcast, 80 degrees.

Date on target should read 6/3/09 ( forgot it was June ).

75ft.jpg  
__________________
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Will shoot the other 2 classes on Thursday or Friday, depending on the weather. After I shot the 75 ft smallbore target, a thunderstorm rolled in with wind gusts @ 35 to 45 mph blowing the target stand down and table over. It was time to go home. Typical desert thunder storm.

Jim....................................

__________________
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Record Fire Submission Form:

FTF Name: masterPsmith First Name: Jim
Score: 100 Class: Fly Shoot @ 50yards
Rifle: Alvord Custom 10/22 Scope: Weaver 2X10 Irons: N/A
Ammo: Federal Rest: Bench
Conditions: Sunny, calm, about 90-95 degrees

flyshoot.jpg  
__________________
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Record Fire Submission Form:

FTF Name: masterPsmith First Name: Jim
Score: 150 Class: Modified
Rifle: Alvord Custom 10/22 Scope: Weaver 2X10 Irons: N/A
Ammo: Federal Rest: Bench
Conditions: Sunny, calm, about 90-95 degrees.


NOTE: I shot this target at 50 yards only to find out when I got home that
it was to be shot at 25 yards. I am submitting it as a 25 yard target.
I did not want to go back out, set-up the range and re-shoot. If this
is not ok, feel free to DQ the target.

Thanks, Jim..................

modified.jpg  
__________________
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
Record Fire Submission Form:

FTF Name: masterPsmith First Name: Jim
Score: 97 Class: Stock
Rifle: Mossberg 144LSB Scope: N/A Irons: Peep
Ammo: Federal Rest: Bench
Conditions: Wind approx. 5mph @ 11:00, heavy overcast, 80 degrees.

Date on target should read 6/3/09 ( forgot it was June ).
Good shootin. Help me out, though, how's that a 97 score? The whole hole tears into the 9. I see it as 90.

(seriously, masterpsmith, I am just trying to make a point to Tango. How can that tiny target to be scored with 10 shots?)

Very good shooting, masterpsmith despite the date problem. You, sir, have way too much time to spend on the range.

You are the shooter to beat. I doubt I can come close. You think you're tough, eh?

Did I post this in the wrong place?
__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:50 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masterPsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Barstow area, Kalifornia
Posts: 1,347
Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Good shootin. Help me out, though, how's that a 97 score? The whole hole tears into the 9. I see it as 90.

(seriously, masterpsmith, I am just trying to make a point to Tango. How can that tiny target to be scored with 10 shots?)

Very good shooting, masterpsmith despite the date problem. You, sir, have way too much time to spend on the range.

You are the shooter to beat. I doubt I can come close. You think you're tough, eh?

Did I post this in the wrong place?
The problem was that I did not have any heavy paper to print the targets on.
When I feather the back of the target and lay it on a dark surface, you can clearly see the white line except for a few small tears in the paper. The three dropped points are clearly into the nine. And the date problem, I also did that on the first 2 checks I wrote this month (woooops). As far as target size, I too agree that the scoring rings are too small, but thats what we got and we all have to shoot the same targets.
Jim...........
__________________
masterPsmith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
The problem was that I did not have any heavy paper to print the targets on.
When I feather the back of the target and lay it on a dark surface, you can clearly see the white line except for a few small tears in the paper. The three dropped points are clearly into the nine. And the date problem, I also did that on the first 2 checks I wrote this month (woooops). As far as target size, I too agree that the scoring rings are too small, but thats what we got and we all have to shoot the same targets.
Jim...........
Jim, no worry. I think that you have set the bar. I hope it does not discourage others, or Tango's great idea will be for nothing. I will try to shoot this week. I seriously doubt that I can touch your marks, but I will post my best. If this was for money or something, you would never hear from me on this. I am not embarrassed to show that I can't shoot like you. What I do know is that I can put a kill shot on most anything with every arm I own. I have done so with meat to prove it. That being said, until someone shows me different, you are the one to beat. You sit back and take the long shots as I sneak my way up front when the Zomies attack. I will give you the lanes, but you have to have patience. I can make my approach, but it may take a long time. Stealth is not easy or fast. Any hunter can tell you that.

Peace!

Scullcrusher
__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:14 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Can't score this...

FTF Name: RL357Mag First Name: Ray
Score: 93? Class: Stock
Rifle: Mossberg 352KD Scope: Weaver D6
Ammo: CCI Mini Mag RN
Conditions: Calm, Overcast, 75 deg.


mossy.jpg   mossy2.jpg  
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Monthly FTF Shoot Results thread. cpttango30 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 8 07-11-2009 09:38 PM
Monthly FTF invitational Standings cpttango30 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 5 07-01-2009 08:11 PM