Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 17 hmr marlin at walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Just remember if you buy it at Walmart you can't bring it back into the store. If you have issues with the firearm your going to have to pay an FFL to ship it back to Marlin.

Stop in at your local sporting goods store before you buy from Walmart, you may be pleasantly surprised.
You don't need to have an FFL ship a firearm if it is going to a repair center. Either the sender or receiver has to have a license and I'd bet Marlin has one.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Just remember if you buy it at Walmart you can't bring it back into the store. If you have issues with the firearm your going to have to pay an FFL to ship it back to Marlin.
WHAT THE HELL?

You dont have to pay a FFL to ship a gun to any manufacturer.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
WHAT THE HELL?

You dont have to pay a FFL to ship a gun to any manufacturer.
Some people like the flavor of the gun store kool-aid.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Who's going to pay for the shipping, not Walmart. And are you sure that I can legally ship a firearm through the postal service here in Wisconsin without a FFL? Please enlighten me grasshopper.

When one of customer's firearms need to be returned for a warranty related issue, we pick up the dime for the packaging, insurance, and shipping. Will Walmart do that for you?

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 03-29-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Who's going to pay for the shipping, not Walmart. And are you sure that I can legally ship a firearm through the postal service here in Wisconsin without a FFL? Please enlighten me grasshopper.

When one of customer's firearms need to be returned for a warranty related issue, we pick up the dime for the packaging, insurance, and shipping. Will Walmart do that for you?

Well, with what you save at Wally's if you had to send it back yourself you would still be in for less than what you pay at the local store. The cost is eventually passed to the consumer anyways so it has already been paid for, you aren't doing anyone any favors.

From the ATF:
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 478.31]

Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In all honesty I'd rather buy from a local gun store than walmart any day and try to whenever possible. It helps your local economy and someone trying to support their family. It makes me feel better that my money is going to them and not the biggest corporation in the world who buys most of their products from china.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1588 View Post
In all honesty I'd rather buy from a local gun store than walmart any day and try to whenever possible. It helps your local economy and someone trying to support their family. It makes me feel better that my money is going to them and not the biggest corporation in the world who buys most of their products from china.
Who wouldn't want to do that? Those days are pretty much over, Mayberry is just a dream now. The mom and pop's are businesses first and foremost or they wouldn't be able to "support their family". I'm not pro or con box store but do realize when I'm getting gouged by the mom and pop's.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #18

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Who wouldn't want to do that? Those days are pretty much over, Mayberry is just a dream now. The mom and pop's are businesses first and foremost or they wouldn't be able to "support their family". I'm not pro or con box store but do realize when I'm getting gouged by the mom and pop's.
You are so wrong. I buy Firearms from private FFL's or my local shop. Ammo from my local shop. Reloading powder and primers from my local shop. The one and only Firearm that I have ever purchased from Wally world was 15+ years ago. My local shop has ammo cheaper than Wally world and I don't need to find some moron that has no idea what the difference between .22lr and 7mmRem Mag is. I also shop at the local hardware store and lumber yard, both independently owned. You can't buy nails or screws by the pound at Home depot.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
You are so wrong. I buy Firearms from private FFL's or my local shop. Ammo from my local shop. Reloading powder and primers from my local shop. The one and only Firearm that I have ever purchased from Wally world was 15+ years ago. My local shop has ammo cheaper than Wally world and I don't need to find some moron that has no idea what the difference between .22lr and 7mmRem Mag is. I also shop at the local hardware store and lumber yard, both independently owned. You can't buy nails or screws by the pound at Home depot.
That's your prerogative but most people don't like to be gouged without mercy from the local mom and pop gun store. If you can find all that stuff from yours then more power to you since most quit carrying any sort of stock. Brick and mortar gun stores either evolve or get sucked under the wheels of progress. Can you honestly tell me your local store is cheaper than what can be had online? Highly unlikely. People vote with their wallet nowadays.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
That's your prerogative but most people don't like to be gouged without mercy from the local mom and pop gun store. If you can find all that stuff from yours then more power to you since most quit carrying any sort of stock. Brick and mortar gun stores either evolve or get sucked under the wheels of progress. Can you honestly tell me your local store is cheaper than what can be had online? Highly unlikely. People vote with their wallet nowadays.
+1 I try to purchase from my local shop when ever I can but I refuse to get taken. If I can save, I save where ever I can. Sometimes the local shop is a pawn broker who's already taken others property away cheap and marked it up to make a killing.

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"