Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10-22 Tapco T6/Leapers Quadrail Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 10-22 Tapco T6/Leapers Quadrail Mods

Earlier, in another thread, I had mentioned modifying the TAPCO T6 for the 10-22 to accept the Leapers .22 QuadRail System. I have received a couple PM's about the details, one from Lagbolt who has been patiently waiting, so here's the skinny on it. Measure back from the fore end 1.753"(+/- .003), and use a small square to mark a line in the stock. This distance allows for a good fit for the Quadrails lower section. From this line forward remove .062"(1/16" for those unlike me and my obsession with decimals) from BOTH sides of the fore end. At the bottom of the fore end you will need to file a small radius, this is just a file and fit thing. Be sure to put the C "clip" in the lower section of the rail, and use the rubber pads for a nice tight, secure fit. And dont forget the four receiver screws that secure the rear section of the rails to the scope mount/rail holes. You will still be able to screw the top cover to the stock should you decide to remove your rails. The Leapers .22 Quadrail Sytem on the 10-22 T6 offers the operator multiple options for mounting optics, bipods, lasers, tactical lights, or whatever your shooting style is, and gives the 10-22 an "AR" look. Here are some pics that should give you an idea of how easy this mod is. I have used this QuadRail System on my Choate 10-22 side-folding stock also, you just have to cut/file a minor notch in the end of the rail for the stock to fully close. That looks wicked with the stock folded, the rail system, a pair of Eagle 30 round mags coupled together hanging from the mag well, sitting on a bipod. I need to get a rotating trigger mechanism for some real "spray-n-pray" I will ask Santa for one! Thanks for looking, good luck, and happy shooting.

"Designated Marksman"-The guy that hunts down the enemy and shoots him in the head.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here