Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 stock quality? (ATI vs. Choate)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have the Choate Dragunov stock on my 10/22. I have zero complaints about this stock. I have not personally handled the ATI stock, but i preferred the aesthetics of the Choate. Even with the higher price, I was impressed with the durability and density of the plastic on the stock. I did have to remove a bit of material to get the magazine to drop freely, but this is simple and I would rather do some fitting than have huge gaps. The 1" stock spacer is perfect for me, and I was able to add a bit of lead inside it to try to counter my 20" bull barrel. I can't say that the ATI is not a better deal, having no experience with it, but I am a satisfied owner of the Choate.

Last edited by PTsouthpaw; 11-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher420 View Post
I see you have a scope on there now, but, have you shot it with that stock, using the steel sights? Is the height of the stock good for using the sights?
Hesher I have had some serious eyesight issues and have gone to reddot sights. I have had it scoped since I got the ATI stock. The rear sight flips up high enough to see over the stock, so I don't think height is a problem. My barrel has been shortened with a flash hider so no front sight.

TACTICAL22.NET,NRA, VCDL

Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #13

Liked 662 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I went to a local shop when I was looking around and picked up a Dragunof to see how it felt. It was okay but still lacking a little bit.
They happened to also have a Fajen also. It felt way more comfortable and is a totaly adjustable to fit whatever your size. That's what I ended up with and love it.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #14

Rodent.22-And how tall is your scope mount? Can you get a sight picture with optic sitting way up there? Nice looking rifle, and optic. What brand/model are you using? Thanks for sharing it with us.

"Designated Marksman"-The guy that hunts down the enemy and shoots him in the head.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Alright, I've picked up a BARELY used 10/22 from a guy at work. Got a great deal on it @ $150. Also, I was at a local gun show yesterday and was able to handle another one with the Choate stock on it. That's the one I'll be getting. I love the feel of it! I'll put up pics once I get it built.