10/22 Misfires - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 Misfires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
It seems to me like most of the Ruger 10/22's I have ever shot had a similar problem. Has anyone eever had a problem with them double feeding or trying to strip the next round from the magazine half way up the round and then jamming the bullet into the face of the feed ramp?
Occasionally... usually crappy ammo does it.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #22

Quote:
It seems to me like most of the Ruger 10/22's I have ever shot had a similar problem. Has anyone eever had a problem with them double feeding or trying to strip the next round from the magazine half way up the round and then jamming the bullet into the face of the feed ramp?
I havent had feed problems with mine

Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I've had them jam on feeding a few times. Usually in my case, caused by powder and lube fouling building up on the front of the magazine.
A quick wipe down of the mag seems to fix it.

If thats not the culprit, its usually a fouled ramp/chamber, boresnake usually fixes that.
Never had a double feed

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #24

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I have and I've been successful in curing it by adjusting the tension up or down on the magazines themselves.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #25

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

The 10/22's are mass produced so there will be a variation of quality to a certain degree. Still a great rifle and literally tons of aftermarket stuff for them. Don't give up on it.

As for the ammo issues. The bulk packs seem to be of low quality even for name brand stuff. Remington rimfire ammo is just plain dirt, imo. I used a Remmy bulk pack, and I got a no fire from around 1 of every 6 rounds. Here's the kicker, I was using a Remmy 597, not a 10/22. I buy the CCI Mini-Mags now. Never one issue with them. They come in 100 round cases and if you pay close to $8 for them, go somewhere else. WallyWorld carries them.

I hope you get the situation figured out. If you can, Stalkingbear is trustworthy, honest and really good person. You can't go wrong there. I've thought about buying a 10/22 just so he can work on it.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #26

I'm sure your FP/Bolt could use some work, but get away from the Remington bulk ammo, it's by far the worst shooting ammo on the market with the most duds.

For just a little more money @ about $17.00 a box of 325, the Federal Auto Match is really hard to beat.
It will cut your groups size about in half and has far, far fewer duds.

For fun, buy a couple boxes of Wolf MT match ammo @ $4.50 a box if you really want to see how accurate your 10-22 can be. It takes at least 15 rounds of the Wolf to season the barrel before you get the best groups.

The if you want real accuracy, go buy a Savage MKII bolt rifle. Best bang for the buck, most shoot 1/2" or less at 50 yards right out of the box.
With work, mine shoots in the .1" range. It really fun. Makes the CZ owners realy mad.

John K