Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   10 22 high cap mags (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/10-22-high-cap-mags-40564/)

FrankyG 03-31-2011 12:54 AM

10 22 high cap mags

Purchased 2 Tactical Innovations mags with the polymer lips, set the screws as instructed. Put in an exact edge extractor it works great, but the mags still FTF every couple rounds even with stingers, tried Winchester H/P 1330 had better luck. Going to try Federal H/P 1260 from Walmart next. Bought a Butler Creek steel lips, the bolt wont even cycle, looks like the lips are too high. Dont know what else to do. Maybe its the polymer bolt buffer or the Tactical Innovations bolt handle?

doctherock 03-31-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyG (Post 476154)
Purchased 2 Tactical Innovations mags with the polymer lips, set the screws as instructed. Put in an exact edge extractor it works great, but the mags still FTF every couple rounds even with stingers, tried Winchester H/P 1330 had better luck. Going to try Federal H/P 1260 from Walmart next. Bought a Butler Creek steel lips, the bolt wont even cycle, looks like the lips are too high. Dont know what else to do. Maybe its the polymer bolt buffer or the Tactical Innovations bolt handle?

When I have an FTF issue I run cci mini mags.

JTJ 03-31-2011 03:22 AM

I have a couple of the BC steel lip mags and they function fine in my stock 10-22's with mini mags.

Ruzai 03-31-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyG (Post 476154)

If you're using a factory 10/22 barrel, I'm pretty sure the manual recommends not to use stingers.
I had to file down my Butler Creek mag's highest feed lip. They oversize them so you can fit the mag to the gun with a file/dremel.
As for the TI charging handle, try using factory mags with it to see if it binds up on you, then you know if its the charging handle.
I'm not much of a fan of the bolt buffer unless its on a larger caliber gun, but that's just me, to each their own.

FrankyG 04-05-2011 12:43 AM

Thanks for the info, filed down the lip on the BC mag and it worked perfectly no jams with Federal or Winchester. Got one of the TI mags to work a little better, I think it was mostly the ammo and they were fairly new mags.

Ruzai 04-05-2011 09:26 PM

No problem. New mags tend to be pretty stiff, mine were but I made short work of that going through 200 CCI mini mags when I bought the gun and mags. Found Velocitor 22lr from CCI is a awesome round in the 10/22 for vermin, only problem is they only come in 50 round boxes and I usually have to order them from MidwayUSA.