10/22 extraction problem.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 extraction problem.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default 10/22 extraction problem.

I am still building my order list and thought there might be a part I need for my 10/22.

It ejects fine, but it will not extract. Do I need a new extractor? I noticed it after I put the bull barrel on it, but for the life of me I can't remember if this was a problem with the factory barrel.

Thanks

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I am still building my order list and thought there might be a part I need for my 10/22.

It ejects fine, but it will not extract. Do I need a new extractor? I noticed it after I put the bull barrel on it, but for the life of me I can't remember if this was a problem with the factory barrel.

Thanks
I don't own a 10/22 but some common items to check when extraction issues start are the chamber, extractor and extractor springs. I would start with making sure the chamber is clean and free of any defects. After that I would make sure the extractors are not being obstructed by any carbon or junk around them or in any notch or groove they may have to use during extraction. If these are not a problem I would then buy the extractor and springs.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #3

Likes Given: 5

Take a look and ensure the extractor alings properly with the ejector groove, and ensure you don't have powder buildup in the groove preventing full engagement under the case lip. I had an issue with extraction and ordered a comp extractor from Clark Custom. Problem solved

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #4

thanks guys, I'll strip it down and take a look at it again.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 AM   #5

If you had the bolt clearenced for minimum headspace, the stock extractor either has to be modified or get a Volquartzen, it will solve the problem if everything else mentioned looks OK

John K

Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #6

thank you very much

Thomas Jefferson