Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 Bananna Clip?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
All seem to work well enough with round nose profiled bullets..
true enough, out of all the ammo I've used CCI Mini Mags feeds the absolute best, hands down.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well I can see that I will have to be more careful using the words "bananna" and "clips" in a post in the future.

Well I ended up getting a Butler creek steel lip and it works great.....much better then shoving the bananna in the slot.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northhike View Post
Well I can see that I will have to be more careful using the words "bananna" and "clips" in a post in the future.

Well I ended up getting a Butler creek steel lip and it works great.....much better then shoving the bananna in the slot.
Hey Northhike it is a common mistake, however, to further you education the following should make things a little clearer:
CLIP = a metal device that holds rounds of ammunition and is physically inserted into a weapon and upon the firing of the last round the round and clip are physically ejected from the weapon. An example of a clip is the M1 Garand clip that holds 8 rounds of ammunition, see picture #1.

MAGAZINE = a metal device that holds rounds of ammunition and is physically inserted into a weapon and upon the firing of the last round remains in the weapon until removed by the shooter. An example of a magazine is the AR-15 magazine that can hold 20, 30, 40 or more rounds of ammunition, see picture #2.

There is also a Stripper clip that is used to hold rounds and facilitates loading rounds into a magazine. An example of a stripper clip is what holds 556 rounds when removed from a military bandoleer or what holds the 7.62 X 39 rounds for a SKS. I’m to lazy to get up and go find one to take a picture of but if you want to see one let me know and I will.

Hope this clears up the common mistake people make on calling a magazine a clip, P.S. this is a personal itch that I have just got to scratch. I’ve been a firearms instructor for 28 years and this is the one thing that I just can’t let go.
p1010380.jpg   p1010381.jpg  

Old 11-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Clips can also be used to load magazines. Not all magazines are metal.

Generally a magazine has a spring and a clip does not. A clip may be made of " spring steel" but that is not the same as "having" a spring.
Generally a magazine completely encloses the ammunition whereas a clip only holds the rim or a small amount of the base area of a case.

Banana Clip is a slang term that is considered passee. Coined probably by GI's referring to M-1 Carbine high capacity magazines that are curved "like a banana".

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

What the hell do you want one of these for your 10/22 does it have long hair?
banana-clip-01.jpg

Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am frightened that you have one of those clips. However if it matches your purse holster I would call it a success!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

We have wives and significant others that survived the 80's fashion trends.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #18

dzscubie ^ +1

haha i have to say i only looked at this thread to see if someone had already chewed into this guy for calling full cap mag a "banana clip" XD . and im glad someone explained the difference because that term annoys the crap outta me =P and for future reference it will make you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about

Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northhike View Post
You know what bugs the crap out of me? Ignorant people like you who think they F'n know it all. I have heard it called a banana clip by many others who are far more knowledgable then you. Learn how to help someone instead of being an ass.

Hummm, let me see…

Are you saying that anyone who attempts to clarify a misnomer like the difference between a clip and a magazine is a, in your terms, "F'n know it all"? I would also be interested to know how you compare other people and their knowledge to my knowledge base. I would like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that they are "far more knowledgeable then" I. I thought I explained the differences clearly and reasonably and did not think I insulted anyone. Do you think you might have overreacted just a little bit?

Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Be nice kids. Banana clip! Hahahaha.

Friendly reminder: Educate yourself about the difference between a clip and a magazine. The face covered in egg could be your own.

Closed Thread