10/22 Ammunition - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 Ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3187 Times on 1902 Posts
Likes Given: 2250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My 10/22td likes cci stingers. Those are very good varmint rounds.

22lr 10/22 will work with everything 22lr except for subsonics which typically need to be hand cycled.
actually, i was pleasantly surprised to find CCI subsonics function perfectly in my 10/22....

had some american eagle cheapos that jammed every 5-10 rounds though.

cci mini mags function above 99% perfect for me in every 22 i've owned....it is all i would buy if i could find it?????

Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default 10/22 Ammunition

Could Not find any Mini-Mags in any store or at any Gunshow recently. I have some I the 100 rd. Trays I'm holding on to, but I did find CCI Blazer 22's at the last show. Wanted to grab some more from the Interwebs, but everyone is sold out...my regular federal Am. Eagles are HV(1250 fps)...and through 1600 that I bought( around 800 left) over the last few months, the guns have only jammed on them when the guns are dirty".....
I have 3 boxes(150) Anguila SSS( sniper sub sonic) I'm saving for when I get a can to go along with a threaded barrel 22...
Note to self: stay away from the Am. Eagle sub sonics....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-09-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 AM   #13

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I have no issues with Butler Creek magazines or promag magazines in my 10/22 with decent ammo. Using bulk ammo I do have some jams. My secret is washing the magazines with dawn. When plastic magazines are manufactured sawdust and mold release agents are trapped in the magazine. Dawn and some warm water does a great job of "fixing" butler creek and promag magazines.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:28 AM   #14
hmh

Liked 159 Times on 110 Posts

All I shot in my 10/22 is cci subsonic hp

Old 05-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My 2 10/22's love CCI MM's, CCI SV, CCI blazer 40 grain and Federal Auto match as far as the lower end ammo. At 50 YDs or less the CCI SV is the most accurate in mine. They have both had trigger, bolt and barrel reworks by CPC.

I'm starting to get into the higher end 22lR to see how much of a difference it makes. I love the Auto match but unfortunately that's about the only one I've not been axle to find lately.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #16

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Blazer bricks are what my 10/22 LOVES and they are so reliable. CCI owns Blazer so, CCI is a great loader!!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 05-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2482 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 715

1) 22lr and 22 magnum are not interchangeable. Revolvers that shoot both have two different cylinders.
2) Scope rings come in different heights. Get the lowest ones that will clear the rifle.
3) You can raise the comb/cheek rest on a 10-22 by bending a 6"x6" piece of Kydex in half over a piece of pipe and velcro it on. You can also use double face tape.
4) PSA has CCI SV 22lr in stock at 10 cents a round. http://palmettostatearmory.com/

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #18

Aside from the Auto Match, federal also makes Gold Medal Match, and Gold Medal Ultra Match. But if you compete with 22's on a Steady basis,..you will find other then Auto Match, CCI Green Tag is about the best of the Affordable target Ammo. Our First Match is next SAT. And we will be in a Rush, because we also Teach a Photography Class on Saturdays,..so we will have only an Hr. And 10 mins to go from where we teach to Flag(Staff) for the shoot, which is a Late afternoon-Twilight for adults,..and kids are shooting from 9am-2pm...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Aside from the Auto Match, federal also makes Gold Medal Match, and Gold Medal Ultra Match. But if you compete with 22's on a Steady basis,..you will find other then Auto Match, CCI Green Tag is about the best of the Affordable target Ammo. Our First Match is next SAT. And we will be in a Rush, because we also Teach a Photography Class on Saturdays,..so we will have only an Hr. And 10 mins to go from where we teach to Flag(Staff) for the shoot, which is a Late afternoon-Twilight for adults,..and kids are shooting from 9am-2pm...

RWS makes Gold Medal Ultra Match. Federal rebrands it.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #20

Thanks,..Yup....just looked at the back of the boxes....