10/22 Aluminum Bull Barrel

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 Aluminum Bull Barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 10/22 Aluminum Bull Barrel

Hey all, I've got a 10/22 with a Blackhawk Axiom stock and I want to put a bull barrel on it. But I'm not a fan of the weight of the all steel units. Does anybody have any experience with the Aluminum barrel's with the steel sleeve? I really like the looks of the barrels by Whistle Pig, although Tactical Solution's seems to also make a good option. I did notice the Whistle Pig's offer different lengths too, from 16.5 - 22". I've heard that longer isn't always better on the 10/22's, is there a length that inherently groups the best?
Sorry for the long thread and the multiple ?'s but any advice would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1248 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Whistle Pig and TacSol make great barrels.
I built a 10/22 for a friend,and he wanted an octagon barrel.I ordered one from Whistle Pig.It fit great,and shoots pretty good also.
I like that they have many options for their barrels,and you can build something different than off the shelf aftermarket barrels.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I can't remember what brand it is, but a friend of mine has a steel sleeved bull barrel that's plastic on the outside. I haven't seen him in several years since moving, but still remember it shot well. Personally I think the aluminum outside would be better than plastic although he'd had his for a while and had no complaints.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 213 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
I can't remember what brand it is, but a friend of mine has a steel sleeved bull barrel that's plastic on the outside. I haven't seen him in several years since moving, but still remember it shot well. Personally I think the aluminum outside would be better than plastic although he'd had his for a while and had no complaints.
Volquartzen? Not really "plastic"---they do a barrel with a tensioned
carbon fiber sleeve.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The TacSol barrels are excellent. I have not used a Whistle Pig, so have no opinion.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."