10/22 aftermarket mag release
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10/22 aftermarket mag release

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 10/22 aftermarket mag release

Which is the better of all the aftermarket mag releases? Are the straight ones better or the half extended or full extended? Looking to upgrade and need some insight. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I find the short, straight ones work well on sporter 10-22s (like with the standard stock)---the extended ones just get in the way---especially the ones that wrap around the trigger guard---just my 02...

Old 10-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #3

Liked 400 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbones View Post
Which is the better of all the aftermarket mag releases? Are the straight ones better or the half extended or full extended? Looking to upgrade and need some insight. Thanks
I'm just the opposite, I like the full extended length. Even on my tactical type builds. All my target bench rifles get the long one. Half extended works well if you have larger hands and can reach it with a finger without removing your trigger hand from the pistol grip/handgrip position. But most people just buy whatever seems coolest to them. They all work well.

The long release puts the release at the bottom of the triggerguard where my index finger can release the mag while I swap another in with my off hand. Handy and quick, for me at least.

Best advice, buy both and try them out. They are not expensive parts, and they swap with one pin. You can always sell the one you don't like. Or like most of us use it as an excuse to build another 10/22.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 10-13-2013 at 12:12 AM.