Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > The 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
ooopppsss!! Sorry about the mistake.

The same principals apply except it's his mom. In the end, he wants to make Mom happy. Which is even more important. You only get one Mother - can't trade her in.
Isn't that the truth

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've said time and again that I am not a fan of tactical looking 22's. But there is a HUGE reason that there is such an aftermarket supply of such parts. People want them. In the end it's the rifles owner that determines it's worth. If the thing will hit the intended target then it' s effective. I see no reason to belittle a persons choice in weaponry.

All this being said I made a trade that I"ll be picking up some time next week that includes a 22 that looks like an AK. I've shot it and it seems to be pretty darn accurate for a "mock assault rifle" . I can't say I'd take it to the woods for a little 'small animal genocide but it is a pretty entertaining range toy. I have several other 22's for things lie that anyway.

Don't worry what your Step-dad says about your 22 Bladerunnerfury . I's yours, not his and if he wont go into the field with you then that's just one less person putting holes in your targets of choice. And if he does just make sure to out shoot him with your useless gun.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #23

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't know either one of you so I can only comment on the situation. First, getting into a heated debate over gun style is ridiculous. There are many camps out there as it relates to style. Some like the military look, some the western style, some like simplicity while other like flash. Thats what makes this sport so much fun and the reason why many here have a plethora of guns. Case in point.....a weeks ago I purchased a Ruger Single 10. I am a fan of lever action rifles and revolvers. With great excitement I take my Single 10 to the range to have some fun. The guys shooting next to me have .45's and AR15's and turn to me and say...."what are you going to do with that thing?" I said..."Have fun." Now when we both got done shooting I had $12 into my fun.....the other guys well over $100. We all had our fun and even though their guns went BOOM! and mine went bang it was all a blast. They thought my gun was ridiculous and I thought they were ready for a video game fight. Doesn't matter...to each his own, but what really matters is that you are having fun and enjoying what you do.

Last edited by northhike; 11-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Newest Threads