The 10/22 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > The 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive put some tacticle stuff on my 45/70 lever gun. it improves the capability a LOT.

nothing wrong with what your doing if you like it. you should see the looks and comments i get with my pink guns!! dont let dorks tell you what you should like.
Ha.......I like your pink guns. I get jealous when I see them.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Thanks guy's, it just really got to me last night because he wouldn't drop it. I told him that if he doesn't want to go out into the field with him because I don't have a wood stocked marlin model 60 (nothing wrong with it) then so be it! He was also complaining because I bought a 25 round banana mag for the range and he wouldn't let me explain that the 10 rounder would be used in the field? He said I cant go out with the factory mag? So I told him his model 60 held 16 and it shut him up real quick! Really who is he to tell ME what I want for me and my firearms!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Shoot him in the ass with it. He already hates the gun, might as well give him a reason.

That was sarcasm. But seriously, tell him to go to hell.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Shoot him in the ass with it. He already hates the gun, might as well give him a reason.

That was sarcasm. But seriously, tell him to go to hell.
Yeah that's basically what I did... He got really mad when I told him everything wrong with his guns and I told him if he doesn't like what I did with my guns he can go to kalifornia and have obomer take his crappy guns.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
Yeah that's basically what I did... He got really mad when I told him everything wrong with his guns and I told him if he doesn't like what I did with my guns he can go to kalifornia and have obomer take his crappy guns.
Good. Now go practice and make damn sure that he can NEVER outshoot you.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury

Ouch on the Cali comment. But ya FK your step pops... Is opinion means Jack and shiat.. And jack just left town. Turn that puppy into full auto and he will be dying to go shoot with you.. Lol. Build your build man.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #17

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
Really who is he to tell ME what I want for me and my firearms!
Sure as hell not the owner of the gun. I bought a bunch of Ruger 25 round magazines before I bought my 10/22. It's not about looks. It's about cutting down how many times I have to reload. I want to spend the day shooting, not reloading magazines.

He sounds like someone who like it in their cozy little box. No need to see whats outside. It's scary out there. If it were me, I'd tell him to shut his pie hole. If he doesn't want to shoot with you because of stupid petty crap, then so be it. I don't want to shoot with you because you're an @sshole.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #18

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The problem I run into in my area is landowners are already against people shooting rifles on their land. Making a gun all tacti-cool sure won't help your case. If that is your father in laws reason for his rant you should respect it.

But if he is on a rant just because he doesn't like your gun you need to find another buddy to go shooting with. Making him mad won't do anything for you. After all, he is your wife's father. When you marry someone you marry their family too. In the end, making her happy is the most important part.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #19

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's his mothers husband, step dad. Which is far worse, IMO. You would think that he would be trying to build a relationship.

Last edited by beaglesam; 11-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #20

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's his mothers husband, step dad
ooopppsss!! Sorry about the mistake.

The same principals apply except it's his mom. In the end, he wants to make Mom happy. Which is even more important. You only get one Mother - can't trade her in.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/