Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   The 10/22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/10-22-a-75984/)

Bladerunnerfury 11-09-2012 01:25 AM

The 10/22

Well after a rather heated debate with my Step-dad he told my my sporter 10/22 is the stupidest thing he'd seen and that no one would go in the field with me with a "mock assault rifle" -his words not mine. He's been known to be an arrgent jack-*ss... So my question is there any truth to that? I know my kit looks like an M4 but I don't care what he/other's think it's what I find comfortable and fit's my needs!

sorry to rant a little it just really pisses me off when I put a lot of time and effort into something and for him to pull that sh*t on me.

Polygon 11-09-2012 01:36 AM

It's not my thing either, but he could be more tactful. In the end, anyone that wouldn't shoot with you just because of how it looks is a tool bag in my opinion.

AsSeenOnTV 11-09-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury (Post 1007186)
Well after a rather heated debate with my Step-dad he told my my sporter 10/22 is the stupidest thing he'd seen and that no one would go in the field with me with a "mock assault rifle" -his words not mine. He's been known to be an arrgent jack-*ss... So my question is there any truth to that? I know my kit looks like an M4 but I don't care what he/other's think it's what I find comfortable and fit's my needs!

Yes, there is truth in that your father in law is an a$$! :D
my AMT looks like a mini 14 tactical gun, but that was all I had at the time. Sounds like you will have more fun shooting without him, so who cares what he thinks???

jjfuller1 11-09-2012 01:52 AM

first, there are no assault rifles.. hence there cannot be fake assault rifles.
second. if people wont hunt with you just because your .22 is tacticool screw them.. as long as it hits its intended target who cares. it works for you, the shooter. its better to make good clean kills with what works. than to wound animals with a weapon you cant shoot well.
now post a pic so we can see the cool factor!

vincent 11-09-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV (Post 1007225)
Yes, there is truth in that your father in law is an a$$! :D
my AMT looks like a mini 14 tactical gun, but that was all I had at the time. Sounds like you will have more fun shooting without him, so who cares what he thinks???

Ding ding ding...show her what she's won Bob...

It's your rifle, you're happy with it, eff him in his ear...paint it pink just to piss him off...:D

But yeah, about no one going in the field with you... those forest critters can be pretty judgemental sometimes...:rolleyes:

AsSeenOnTV 11-09-2012 02:20 AM

Just 'pretend' to listen to his advice and stay on his good-side. Who knows, someday you might inherit some of his guns to strip down and 'tacticalize' them to your desires and make him roll over in his grave!

JTJ 11-09-2012 02:35 AM

My wifes 22 is a S&W M&P 15-22. You really cant look more like an AR than that. She loves it because it fits.

JonM 11-09-2012 03:18 AM

ive put some tacticle stuff on my 45/70 lever gun. it improves the capability a LOT.

nothing wrong with what your doing if you like it. you should see the looks and comments i get with my pink guns!! dont let dorks tell you what you should like.

Blueguns 11-09-2012 05:31 AM

While I'm not a big fan of the tactical .22, it's really a case of personal preference. As long as you're making shots, that's really all that matters. Anyone who wouldn't hunt with you just because of your gun is an idiot.

mountainskytop 11-09-2012 06:06 AM

Looking for reports on the Kel Tech RMR 30 carbine in .22 WMR. They seem to be in very short supply too.Thanks!