10 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 10 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 10 22

I watched a video with a guy shooting a fully auto 10 22! Is that legal to own or does it require a special license? And if not is it hard to make one do it. It just looked fun!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARrgv
I watched a video with a guy shooting a fully auto 10 22! Is that legal to own or does it require a special license? And if not is it hard to make one do it. It just looked fun!
It is illegal unless you have a class III license however, they do make a hand crank kit that you turn like an old Gatling gun that is wicked fun. Its called the BMF activator
Link at cabelas. Pretty cheap
http://www.cabelas.com/10-22-accessories-bmf-activator-1.shtml

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 490

Any full auto firearm requires a special stamp and must be an existing gun listed in the BATF Registry. Making a full auto firearm is illegal with severe fines and penalties, not to mention a new roommate named Spike to keep you warm on those cold nights in a federal prison.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #4

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There was also some kind of a spring loaded trigger attachment that basically made your trigger finger full auto. I believe it's been outlawed though. I'd recommend the crank that's already been mentioned...yes they are wicked fun.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #5

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The old boy on youtube went to prison shortly there after i heard. So dont try it unless you get the wicked little toy they mentioned

Old 10-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The old boy on youtube went to prison shortly there after i heard. So dont try it unless you get the wicked little toy they mentioned
i was under the impression that he had a type 7.
your best bet is the device that g17 posted.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #7

Default 10/22

here in washington,state it is legal to own a fully automatic it is not legal to shoot it. Is the way my ffl told me so why have one if you can't legally shoot it .

always looked cool tho. I enjoy my freedom too much to risk it

Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon

Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #8

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
It is illegal unless you have a class III license however, they do make a hand crank kit that you turn like an old Gatling gun that is wicked fun. Its called the BMF activator
Link at cabelas. Pretty cheap
BMF Activator, 10/22 Accessories, Firearm Components, Shooting : Cabela's
Quote:
Originally Posted by moron88 View Post
your best bet is the device that g17 posted.
** snot bubble **

It looks like a Ronco Pocket Fisherman.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #9

If the gun was built as a full auto and registered prior to 1986, then it is a legal gun. No full autos made after 1986 are legal to own uxcept by LE agencies and the military.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCraig View Post
If the gun was built as a full auto and registered prior to 1986, then it is a legal gun. No full autos made after 1986 are legal to own uxcept by LE agencies and the military.
Unless you have a manufacturing license.That's how most of the videos of these new machine guns get posted.
But CaptCraig is correct,a civilian cannot own any full auto that wasn't registered with the BATFE by the 1986 cutoff date.
That's why they just keep going up in price,they used to be affordable before 1986.