Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   The Zombie Squad Topic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/zombie-squad-topic-63761/)

BenLuby 05-03-2012 04:41 PM

The Zombie Squad Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky17 (Post 789385)
I say we all meet in the middle of Kansas and shoot the heck out of all of them! Just to be safe though, let's put Bill and Mike at opposite ends of the shooting line. :)

Sparky wrote this and it got me thinking. I'll use the popular zombie apocalypse scenario for my question. If this topic is deemed to be inappropriate, a mod can lock or move it (like they need my permission), but I just wanted to pose the scenario.
Pretty much a 'The Walking Dead' situation. Here's the twist. You get to pick your five team members that will be in the scenario with you.
Now, let's be civil, please. Don't go stating who you wouldn't, and let's not turn this into a bash fest. I just felt it would be rather interesting to see who everyone would select as their teams, and their reasoning behind it.
I'm still considering my five additional members. I have three that I simply wouldn't want to be in that scenario without, but the last two I am working on.
So...in a zombie apocalypse, which five members would you want standing by you, AR in hand?

jjfuller1 05-03-2012 05:11 PM

1. c3shooter= no doubt he knows the cure somewhere in that brain of his.
2. WOC= gotta have a chick. hehe
3. trip286= stand up kinda guy, trust worthy.
4. canebrake= has some nice .45's for when we run out of ammo
5. sniper03= hes just da bomb

sparky17 05-03-2012 05:21 PM

Tikki to fix everything.
Snakedriver for his level head.
Quinton for his experience.
Bill cause I bet he has lots of ammo.
Cane cause I would love to shoot some of those 45s!

Quentin. Sorry Q good thing I shoot better than I spell!

BenLuby 05-03-2012 05:33 PM

Tikki for his knowledge and skill with the platform, and his shooting history.
Quentin because I just have a feeling he'd charge hell with a super soaker and expect to win.
Cane because I seriously think he could knock a booger off a gnats nose at fifty feet off hand.
C3 because he's just a wealth of information and probably knows where every thing worth having is at.
Mike because, even though he may get royally pizzed at times on certain issues? He wouldn't leave a man behind.

FCross7 05-03-2012 07:01 PM

Mike - As was said before, he'd never leave a man behind, and he knows his shtuff.

Q - See above.

JD - He's pretty trickly. You never know what he's gonna have up his sleeve.

C3 - Someone has to be the brains behind the operation. C3 would be to us as Q is to James Bond.

M14sRock - Seems to really know his stuff, plus the man has enough M14s and 1911s to equip a small army.

-Fred

AgentTikki 05-03-2012 07:12 PM

My only question, do you guys bug out or bug in?

o.O

Prisons would be a good place to bug in, modern day castles. lots of security doors etc. Big yards to try and get yourself semi self sufficient with chickens and crops.

AgentTikki 05-03-2012 07:15 PM

Hertz Castle..... ooo yeah, that's the ticket......

BenLuby 05-03-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 789492)
My only question, do you guys bug out or bug in?

o.O

Prisons would be a good place to bug in, modern day castles. lots of security doors etc. Big yards to try and get yourself semi self sufficient with chickens and crops.

Really depends on the situation that I'm in. If it's reasonable and practical to bug in and defend, I would stay put. If it's looking bad? Then hotwire and bug out, or hoof it if needed, to find another location to fort up at.

Quentin 05-03-2012 07:45 PM

Man it's impossible to narrow it down to five! Thanks for the votes of confidence guys but I am old and slow...

Maybe have a team of 5 young guys and a 5 old ones for support, loading magazines, weapon repair/maintenance and because we have dozens of guns and ammo stacked deep! :D

COclaw 05-03-2012 07:50 PM

Guys... don't feel ashamed to add me to the list as "FNG we had to shoot in the leg as a getaway diversion".

I'm a team player.