Zombie Rounds! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Zombie Rounds!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 999 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
I thought what Paladin said was pretty funny!

Of course I'm not a zombie or moron myself!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by JonM; 01-06-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: deleted quoted previous posting

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #22

Cheaper than Dirt has the .223 for 17.99 for a box of 20. Not bad.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Basically, someone complained that they were offended by my post. That I was somehow advocating the wholesale slaughter of a group of people, in this case liberals. I was not and don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion. I was simply stating that I don't see much difference between liberals and zombies. Both are brain dead.

So, if I offended anyone, I apologize. I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Last edited by Paladin201; 01-06-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #24

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51
Could somebody please tell me what all this "zombie" talk is about? I see it everywhere...ammo, targets, even one of the midwayUSA sponsored shows had a zombie episode. Is there an inside joke here? What am I missing?
The zombie genre has been pretty popular for a while now. There are tons of zombie movies,dawn of the dead,land of the dead,day of the dead,diary of the dead,return of the living dead,etc..there are tons of video games,left for dead "1&2",dead island,dead rising "1&2,red dead redemption "undead nightmare",etc,and several zombie based tv shows.right now zombies are the hot topic and Hornady sees this and is marketing to gain a little from it. Pretty smart thinking

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #25

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

The zombie genre has been pretty popular for a while now. There are tons of zombie movies,dawn of the dead,land of the dead,day of the dead,diary of the dead,return of the living dead,etc..there are tons of video games,left for dead "1&2",dead island,dead rising "1&2,red dead redemption "undead nightmare",etc,and several zombie based tv shows.right now zombies are the hot topic and Hornady sees this and is marketing to gain a little from it. Pretty smart thinking
Yeah...ha. Never ceases to amaze me how quickly people can take something, run with it, and start banking...yet my level of creativity seems to be geared toward different ways to convince my brain I need to hit that snooze button just ONE MORE TIME every morning.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Of course if zombies ever do come around guns are great but you need a silent killer at your side too just in case your out numbered and need to make some silent kills. A crossbow or bow and arrow I think would work great or even a machete!

Fire for effect!

Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well, a lot depends on the species of zombie. There are many. If it's the slow, lumbering, stupid kind out of Night of the Living Dead, even a simple hammer is an effective weapon. Just bop them in the head. But if they are the fast, smart, enraged "berserker" type like in 28 Days Later, then you're going to need some serious firepower.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical

Have you ever noticed that on The Walking Dead they never go break in abandoned gun stores or got to wal mart and get all the can goods? If I was in that situation those are the first places I would go. Weapons, ammo, food and water would be my priorities. Just saying you would think of that small bag of guns they have they would want to go and stock up and have extra.
Wal-mart is the last place I would go if there was ever a zombie outbreak/cataclysmic event. Think about it, everyone and their grandmother's dog has this same idea and will head to wal-mart, bad place to be if a load of zombies starts tearing through people. Also I would NEVER go try to ransack a gun store, think about this one too, the gun store owners have a **** load of guns, know how to use them (unless we are talking about Cabelas) and you can darn well bet they will defend themselves, they will he safe, they don't want anyone taking their crap. Much better to prepare now and be ready when it happens, and I don't just mean a zombie apocalypse, I mean any catastrophe.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #29

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

The thing I don't understand is people expect to live through a zombie outbreak. If everyone survives, then who will the zombies be?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

seriously thought this was a joke when I saw it the first time.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson