Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Zombie Rounds!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFive View Post
I blame The Walking Dead. Great show, but I think many companies are taking the impressionable people out there and making a sales pitch towards them.
Have you ever noticed that on The Walking Dead they never go break in abandoned gun stores or got to wal mart and get all the can goods? If I was in that situation those are the first places I would go. Weapons, ammo, food and water would be my priorities. Just saying you would think of that small bag of guns they have they would want to go and stock up and have extra.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical

Have you ever noticed that on The Walking Dead they never go break in abandoned gun stores or got to wal mart and get all the can goods? If I was in that situation those are the first places I would go. Weapons, ammo, food and water would be my priorities. Just saying you would think of that small bag of guns they have they would want to go and stock up and have extra.
Have you been to a Walmart lately? There are already zombies there.

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for. Move along.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical View Post
Sure but consider that fact that when the outbreak first started what are the first things to go? Water, food, and ammo. I mean even with Natural disasters all the people scatter into super markets because they aren't prepared and run the store dry.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the lime green tip!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #15

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Could somebody please tell me what all this "zombie" talk is about? I see it everywhere...ammo, targets, even one of the midwayUSA sponsored shows had a zombie episode. Is there an inside joke here? What am I missing?
Zombie movies have been around since the early Frankenstein movies (and of course belief in zombies and voodoo go back much further than that). But they didn't really catch on until George Romero's great movies starting in 1968. Then all the knockoff movies and video games. And the similarity of the zombie with the masses of people who don't do anything, know anything, well that part been a running "joke" for at least the last decade, y'know fighting off the hordes intent on taking your home, your things, your life - like you see in zombie movies.

Anyway this whole zombie thing is fun but I still ain't buying zombie ammo or a zombie lower!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #16

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

My definition of "zombie" may not be universal, but for me it is just a euphemism. What I really mean is something that would take more than just one word.

In a time of social unrest, the people who act as if--through force and intimidation--they can take what is mine are zombies to me. Woe to the man who decides to come into my neighborhood to cause mayhem, steal, kill, or destroy. I would be more than willing to kill them dead as if they were a literal zombie. The deeper into social unrest my area may go, the more aggressive I will become in taking out "zombies."

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #17

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
hey I was in Academy sports the other day and seen I think it was Hornady who makes it but it said Zombie killers on the box lol. Also followed by this is not a toy lol. I thought it was kinda funny but not cool enough to buy for 25 dollars for 20 rounds just to hold onto lol. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this in stores?
These right here

20111123_221228-1.jpg

20111123_221725-1.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

yes those you zombie killer lol

Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #19

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
yes those you zombie killer lol
If the day comes where those will have to be used,something will have gone really wrong. :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
If the day comes where those will have to be used,something will have gone really wrong. :-)
I watched a video on youtube were a guy used some of those in 40 cal and showed what they did and they mushroom like crazy! lol

Fire for effect!