Zombie Rounds!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Zombie Rounds!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Zombie Rounds!

hey I was in Academy sports the other day and seen I think it was Hornady who makes it but it said Zombie killers on the box lol. Also followed by this is not a toy lol. I thought it was kinda funny but not cool enough to buy for 25 dollars for 20 rounds just to hold onto lol. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this in stores?

Fire for effect!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Yeah, Hornady. Kinda cool but I'm not buying.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yep, Hornady now makes a whole line of Zombie killer ammo. Just their Critical Defense reboxed. As they say....wherever you leak, the world hangs a bucket.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Could somebody please tell me what all this "zombie" talk is about? I see it everywhere...ammo, targets, even one of the midwayUSA sponsored shows had a zombie episode. Is there an inside joke here? What am I missing?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Could somebody please tell me what all this "zombie" talk is about? I see it everywhere...ammo, targets, even one of the midwayUSA sponsored shows had a zombie episode. Is there an inside joke here? What am I missing?
I blame The Walking Dead. Great show, but I think many companies are taking the impressionable people out there and making a sales pitch towards them.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFive

I blame The Walking Dead. Great show, but I think many companies are taking the impressionable people out there and making a sales pitch towards them.
Well, I'll be damned. So what you're tellin' me is that someone has come up with YET ANOTHER reason for people to buy gun stuff? I guess it can't be all bad then.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Well, I'll be damned. So what you're tellin' me is that someone has come up with YET ANOTHER reason for people to buy gun stuff? I guess it can't be all bad then.
I agree. Also, they are the same price as the Critical Defense (at least at my Academy) so why buy the plain rounds when I can have zombie killers?

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for. Move along.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #8

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think the current zombie interest was reborn (resurrected?) With zombieland.

When I talk of zombies, I'm talking about shuffling, undead brain munchers. Some people are now referring to criminals (especially the ones with drug problems) as zombies, and some are even referring to our government employees as zombies due to their ineptitude.

The zombie max ammo is just a novelty marketing gimmick, that's all. I do intend to buy a box to lock away with my billy beer and flurby. I may add a snuggie to the collection too, I haven't decided yet. I also have some moon boots and one of those orbitz drinks.

What is very interesting is that the cdc's website has tips for surviving a zombie apocalypse.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

That zombie/preparidness has been around for years now (probably longer). I think it's silly but helpful as well.

We all should have some food and medical supplies handy just in case there is some sort of natural disaster. We don't but should seeing as we live in "tornado alley".

I believe FEMA has entertained the idea for the reasons I listed above.

I like the fact that manufacturers and the general public are having fun w/ firearms. I imagine it will help w/ those who get so uptight when firearms are mentioned.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 89 Times on 59 Posts

I bought a box of the zombie rounds. They are in the drawer with my pink federal shotgun shells that raise money for breast cancer and my box of red white and blue federal shotgun shells that raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project.