You Want One - Act Now!! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > You Want One - Act Now!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I am actually thinking about selling my 17" just for the pocket cash to put towards my Grendel project, but that would leave me with only 1 working AR if the Space Zombies show up.
My $0.02: keep what you have unless you can lay your hands on everything you need for your new build.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #42

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
My $0.02: keep what you have unless you can lay your hands on everything you need for your new build.
Are you forgetting who you are talking too here?

All sorts of stuff just wanders in and out of the shop all day long. Sooner or later I can find everything I need.... *rubbing hands together*

Last edited by Dillinger; 11-11-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #43

Quote:

All sorts of stuff just wanders in and out of the shop all day long. Sooner or later I can find everything I need.... *rubbing hands together*

Might be fewer bits and pieces "wandering" around in the future.............

Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #44
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:

No, I understand you have access to lots of goodies. But you were the one who wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
It's getting ugly. We do a ton of business with places like Olympic Arms and Brownells, MidwayUSA and a few others. I mean, we have been spending money there monthy and we are getting stone walled on delivery.

One of the guys that Brett knows from way back in the day told him flat out that while they are friends and he will do what he can to get him some AR receivers, the price has gone WAY up and there isn't anything he can do about it.
...and if you are starting to see supply delays and cost increases, maybe you should secure the stuff you need first and THEN cash in one of your ARs to pay for it. Then again, if getting the stuff really isn't a problem and won't be a problem for the foreseeable future, then go for it.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #45

It's true, but the nice thing about working in the shop is there is ALWAYS something coming through the door for a trade, or for sale. Whether someone needs cash, or needs to move it because of a pending divorce, or whatever, there is always a steady flow of parts and weapons. You just have to be patient.

I have already secured almost all the parts I need to assemble another 16" AR during the past few months, and that is on top of my current Grendel project that I am still waiting to order up the barrel from Krieger for personal reasons.

So, while the thought is there, I am not sure I am ready to move my reliable 17" build just yet.... Just in case...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well...after spending the last week searching locally and online, I finally found an upper assembly that was IN STOCK and would ship in a couple days

So I went ahead and ordered it, if for nothing else, to at least have a complete upper ready to slap onto one of my lowers when needed and be good to go. I was hoping to spend my holiday time off sitting at home taking a few apart and putting some back together from parts, but with all the craziness going on, this was a better way to go.

For anyone interested, here's the link

Excellent service, and like I said, or at least for what I bought, it was IN STOCK and ready to be shipped. Decent prices from what I have seen at other sites, too.

Slo

Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #47

Thanks for the update Slo - as always, the man with the sources at the ready to help us out!

JD

Old 11-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #48

LOL - yeah we aussies tend to have the same mentality, mate, and most of us are still country boys, of that vein, throw in the audacious fighting spirit of the ANZAC's and..well, enough said..

Old 11-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #49

JD,
PM sent.
Supergus.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.