You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

You Want One - Act Now!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Stag Arms stripped lowers - $131 shipped. 3 for $70 each plus $9 shipping.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=125&t=496513

Go to ar15.com and click on Equipment Exchange. Lots of stuff there and it changes often.
I appreciate the link but ar15.com won't accept Yahoo mail accounts

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
I appreciate the link but ar15.com won't accept Yahoo mail accounts
What about gmail? I can send you a free invite if that would help.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #23

Liked 705 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I don't even see any retailers carrying WASRs right now. People are buying them fast!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is a post from ar15sales.com in regard to wait times for parts:

"WAIT TIMES FOR RRA UPPERS 16-18 weeks
WAIT TIMES STAG UPPERS 4-6 WEEKS
WAIT TIMES LMT UPPERS 7-8 WEEKS

I AM TAKING ORDERS FROM BUYERS THAT HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT
EVEN IF THE WAIT GETS TO BE LONGER THAN WE HOPE

ALL OTHERS I AM SORRY BUT WE WILL NOT BE TAKING ORDERS FROM
BUYERS IN A HURRY No EXCEPTIONS

I will have some extra RRA Uppers coming in here and there
so call for what may be in stock'

Pete in NH
Legal Transfers LLC
603-770-2281"

http://www.ar15sales.com/

I noticed that locally, wait times are about the same now for parts that were available over the counter a few days ago. Sad part is, locally those wait times weren't even guaranteed, could be longer

Slo

Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #25

Just talked to Brett about an hour ago - He bought 15 RRA lowers with the 6 position collapsible stocks about 2 months ago and they all sold out in the last three or so weeks.

He went back to the same source, a guy he has known for probably 20 years who gives him homie hook up prices and the guy pretty much laughed him off the phone... LOL

During the Klinton Administration the AR market tripled ( mags, ammo, parts, etc. ) Brett tells me he expects it to hit that stage again merely because there are so many more sites on the internet and people interested in the products now.

I honestly think if you took your savings and bought AR parts three months ago, you would have tripled your money and shattered your rates of anything you had in the stock market. Screw you HindSight!!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Just talked to Brett about an hour ago - He bought 15 RRA lowers with the 6 position collapsible stocks about 2 months ago and they all sold out in the last three or so weeks.

He went back to the same source, a guy he has known for probably 20 years who gives him homie hook up prices and the guy pretty much laughed him off the phone... LOL

During the Klinton Administration the AR market tripled ( mags, ammo, parts, etc. ) Brett tells me he expects it to hit that stage again merely because there are so many more sites on the internet and people interested in the products now.

I honestly think if you took your savings and bought AR parts three months ago, you would have tripled your money and shattered your rates of anything you had in the stock market. Screw you HindSight!!

Hopefully the Dems will see this spike in activity and decide that this is not the time to take on the "Gun Lobby".

It would be much wiser, politically, to wait until there is a tragedy in the "controlled media" (or "lap-dog media") for them to exploit.

The time to attack is when your target is asleep. Not when they are wary and aroused.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #27
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
This is a post from ar15sales.com in regard to wait times for parts:

"WAIT TIMES FOR RRA UPPERS 16-18 weeks
WAIT TIMES STAG UPPERS 4-6 WEEKS
WAIT TIMES LMT UPPERS 7-8 WEEKS

I AM TAKING ORDERS FROM BUYERS THAT HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT
EVEN IF THE WAIT GETS TO BE LONGER THAN WE HOPE

ALL OTHERS I AM SORRY BUT WE WILL NOT BE TAKING ORDERS FROM
BUYERS IN A HURRY No EXCEPTIONS

I will have some extra RRA Uppers coming in here and there
so call for what may be in stock'

Pete in NH
Legal Transfers LLC
603-770-2281"

http://www.ar15sales.com/

I noticed that locally, wait times are about the same now for parts that were available over the counter a few days ago. Sad part is, locally those wait times weren't even guaranteed, could be longer

Slo
Pete is the dude I got my upper from. He's a good guy -- pretty inexpensive, good service, no surprises.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #28

Quote:
What about gmail? I can send you a free invite if that would help.
Big negatory on gmail; hotmail too. Thanks for the offer

Old 11-07-2008, 03:18 AM   #29

Quote:
-Gus:

As for the upper, you want a nice fit between upper and lower, and you want one that is going to match up well. Don't buy a Double Star lower ( small pin set ) and find a great deal on a Colt Upper ( large Pin Set ) and expect them to go well together...
This refers to the actual dia. of the pins, correct? I know it sounds like I am clueless, but I pick things up quick. Once I get all the components, with y'alls help, I think I can build a pretty good gun.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
This refers to the actual dia. of the pins, correct? I know it sounds like I am clueless, but I pick things up quick. Once I get all the components, with y'alls help, I think I can build a pretty good gun.
Yes, it's the diameter of the Hammer/Trigger/Sear pins. Colt, in some attempt to be proactive and stop people from putting M16 parts in their civilian rifles, built theirs with larger than average pins, then they reversed that decision a few years ago and went with the more common .154"

There isn't anything wrong with it, in fact there is a very loyal group who will tell you that the larger pins are actually better for reliability, it's just one of the little nuances of the AR world that has been cloaked in shadow and mystery for years now.

If you get a Colt lower, you need the larger pin set components that usually run a bit more money, so if budget is a concern, then don't get a Colt Large Pin lower. And if you simply MUST have a Colt lower, just look to get a small pin configuration and you should be good to go.

Trust me Gus - once you lay out the parts in front of you, you will see that this isn't rocket science. It's a threaded butt-stocked ( staked in place if feel the need too, I recommend it ) and few springs and detents, a couple of pins to hold the hammer/trigger/sear in place and your done with your lower.

Once you build one, you will see how it works and you will be able to diagnose anything that could go wrong fairly easily, which is a very good thing in my opinion.

As always, if you have questions, hit me up....

JD