You Want One - Act Now!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > You Want One - Act Now!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default You Want One - Act Now!!

Okay, we have been saying it for months now - WHAT IF?!

Well folks, IF has officially happened!

You are now the "proud" owners of a Democrat President, a Democrat Controlled Senate and a Democrat Controlled Congress. And as a side dish, you also are the "proud" owner of a Democrat Vice President who was one of the leading authors/driving forces of the first Assault Weapons Ban.

IF you have any designs on ever owning an AR variant rifle ( or an AK/SKS variant as well, but I am not addressing that here ) NOW IS THE FRIGGIN TIME!

In most states, and there are exceptions if you live behind enemy lines ( NY, NJ, Kalifornia, etc. ) but for the most part, if you purchase a LOWER RECEIVER between now and the end of the year, you will be able to build yourself a fully working, fully legal AR variant ( AR-15, AR-10 ) when the new AWB comes into place unless there is some serious penalties in a Grandfather Clause.

This is a picture of an AR lower receiver. It happens to be a Rock River Arms model, and I only picked that one because the picture size was correct to upload from my work computer.

This is the only piece that you must legally buy from an FFL. Once you have that on the books, you can ( most likely regardless of future legislation ) legally build yourself an AR model from aftermarket parts in the coming year, or two if you are tight on cash.

A stripped lower can run you as low as $100 if you shop around. Several of the other members I am counting on to jump in here with links to good deals, but I just don't have the time while at work to search out the best one's for you guys.

The point is - if you want one, you need to act and get a lower receiver on the books before the laws can be changed by the Infitool and Chompers - Along with that Uber Beeyotch Pelosi...

NOTE: FirearmsTalk DOES NOT condone any sort of sidestepping or back-dooring the legal ownership of firearms, so please don't ask.

JD

stripped-lower.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Shhhh-hhhhhh....I'm selling all of mine as we speak

Slo

Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

what JD said
very very important!
i'm actually thinking about picking up another lower receiver...

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
Shhhh-hhhhhh....I'm selling all of mine as we speak

Slo
Darndest thing. I was on vaca last week, someone got into my place, drank all my beer, screwed up my saved games on Saints Row 2 on my Xbox360, took just my Black Rifles and my high cap mags, locked the door and left.

Police said since there was no sign of a break, in my report was good enough. Go figure.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been concidering this but there are so many different brands I don't know which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. I'd spend $150ish for the lower...Can anyone reccommend a good piece in that price range?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been concidering this but there are so many different brands I don't know which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. I'd spend $150ish for the lower...Can anyone reccommend a good piece in that price range?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #7

spittinfire - Read page one, or so, of this thread and it will help you out.

There are several members here who would love to help you build one of your very own. And believe me, now is the time to get serious about it with the new Year of the Democrat coming....

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #8

Holy crap! Some makers are already jacking the prices up. Spike's Tactical went up about $50 over night for a striped lower

Mags and ammo boys, mags and ammo! I still think there'll be a Sin tax on ammo.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
Holy crap! Some makers are already jacking the prices up. Spike's Tactical went up about $50 over night for a striped lower
I wish I could say I was surprised. Everyone in the firearms industry saw the writing on the wall and probably had new price tags ready to go weeks ago.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

There was a group buy last month on another one of my forums. DoubleStar lowers for $82. I've learned they are all gone. Keep looking if you really want one, check ShotgunNews vendors perhaps?