You do NOT have a AR15 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > You do NOT have a AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i find it amusing that there wasnt even a ar15 of any sort much less a bushmaster involved. the mother had a hi-point carbine in the trunk...
Yeah whatever was in the trunk doesn't look like an AR. Some say it was a Saiga shotgun. From the video below the action works like an AK. I wish in the video they hadn't kept calling it an assault rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ju_NllT1iDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I truthfully do not doubt you - but could you give me a link for this?
JonM may have a better link but the video above is a starting point.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #32

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
If you put the government in charge of the Sahara dessert there would be a shortage of sand in 5 years.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

T H I S !

This administration willingly, AND PROUDLY, accepts being thought of,

as a group, as mentally incompetent, rather than admit they

are ever wrong.

Really, I miss Richard Nixon. And Jimmy Carter. These clowns even

make Ronnie Ray-gun shine...

Old 12-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2949 Times on 1536 Posts
Likes Given: 263

Actually the names AR-10 and AR-15 are owned by Colt. They bought the rights to the names from Armalite. AND, some AR-15's ARE full auto. The earliest examples produced by Armalite, prior to adoption my the military as the M-16 were simply AR-15's.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

The term AR-15 is a trademark of Colt who bought the designs from Fairchild. Armalite,at that time, was a division of Fairchild who was seeking to exit the small arms segment and focus on aircraft. Fairchild went on to create the A10 Thunderbolt.

The current company known as Armalite is not the same company. They bought the name Armalite and the AR10 branding. The AR10 that the new Armalite produces is not identical to the AR10 that was submitted to the military and lost to the M14.

After leaving Fairchild, Eugene Stoner went to work for Knight and the SR25 is the result. You could therefore say the SR25 is the original work of the original designer, not the current AR10.

Colt does mark rifles AR15, but they also use a variety of other names in attempt to disconnect the rifle from the term Assault Rifle. Marks like 6920 are model numbers, nothing more.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #35
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx65 View Post
The term AR-15 is a trademark of Colt who bought the designs from Fairchild. Armalite,at that time, was a division of Fairchild who was seeking to exit the small arms segment and focus on aircraft. Fairchild went on to create the A10 Thunderbolt.

The current company known as Armalite is not the same company. They bought the name Armalite and the AR10 branding. The AR10 that the new Armalite produces is not identical to the AR10 that was submitted to the military and lost to the M14.

After leaving Fairchild, Eugene Stoner went to work for Knight and the SR25 is the result. You could therefore say the SR25 is the original work of the original designer, not the current AR10.

Colt does mark rifles AR15, but they also use a variety of other names in attempt to disconnect the rifle from the term Assault Rifle. Marks like 6920 are model numbers, nothing more.
That may go down as the most informative first post we've seen from a new member.

Please stop by the Introductions thread and tell us about yourself.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Yeah whatever was in the trunk doesn't look like an AR. Some say it was a Saiga shotgun. From the video below the action works like an AK. I wish in the video they hadn't kept calling it an assault rifle.

that s the best one i know of and its obviously not an AR15 or an ak47. looks exactly like a hipoint carbine.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #37

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

The more i've dove into it, it definitely looks like a saiga ...the large projectile that spits out at first is WAY too big to be a .223 (AR15) or 9mm (Hi-Point)

The hi-point has the charging handle on the left side of the rifle behind the ejection port for a right handed firearm, whereas the saiga has it on the right in front of the ejection port.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 12-24-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #38

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Does anyone else think there's a side saddle on the stock? I'm working off my phone so its hard to see.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6341 Times on 3545 Posts
Likes Given: 5919

My first, a Col SP1 is marked AR15.

But this discussion is pointless. It's like saying that if you don't have a Colt, you don't have a "true" 1911.

This kind of foolishness is best left to the severely anal retentive.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Last edited by locutus; 12-25-2012 at 03:57 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #40

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Only thing mine says is LAR-15

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.