YHM opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > YHM opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default YHM opinions

So I have decided to go with YHM lower and had orginally planned to do a BCM upper but I have been browsing and came across YHM uppers. I played with some numbers and found that I could get a YHM upper for around $775 which includes there quad rail, flip ups front and rear, BCG, and charging handle (I would also have a matching upper/lower). If I go with BCM uppper it would run me anywhere from $850-975 to get everything the YHM upper comes with. So anybody have any experience with YHM, any reason not to go that route? I understand that BCM is top notch with product and CC. Just trying to learn some more about YHM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

No complaints on this end. I have a few of their parts on a couple of my guns and the shop I hang out at has installed and/or assembled both uppers and lowers from them.

I have shot a complete gun and a couple of their uppers and they performed as expected. Reliable. Accurate. Just as advertised.

Great customer service and have never had an issue with fit or finish. A solid company in a market that is saturated with offerings.

Hope that helps.

JD

Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
No complaints on this end. I have a few of their parts on a couple of my guns and the shop I hang out at has installed and/or assembled both uppers and lowers from them.

I have shot a complete gun and a couple of their uppers and they performed as expected. Reliable. Accurate. Just as advertised.

Great customer service and have never had an issue with fit or finish. A solid company in a market that is saturated with offerings.

Hope that helps.

JD
Yes sir it sure does thanks for the info. I just have a hard time dropping that much money without getting a few people saying that they have had a good experience with them.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2555 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

Our friend Dillinger is correct! As always! YHM produces nothing but quality products. I have been familiar with them for years and the company I worked for used a lot of their products over the years. Good stuff! And if you can save a buck you are not sacrificing any quality at all with YHM! Sounds great!
Good luck on you new AR~

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #5

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I used a lot of their parts (no receiver) & was always very pleased with them- -top shelf parts IMO

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I've used their BUIS and I currently use their QD Titanium Phantom suppressor.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
Yes sir it sure does thanks for the info. I just have a hard time dropping that much money without getting a few people saying that they have had a good experience with them.
BCM has a lot of fans, as does Troy and Daniel Defense and Larue and on down the list.... They are on everyone's tongue and rightfully so.

But Yankee Hill Machine has been in the AR business for quite awhile (Incorporated in 1975 - with zero BBB complaints in the last 3 years and an A+ rating) something that a lot of "popular" companies can't say.

I have no problems recommending them as they have been top notch company to us.

JD

Old 07-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #8

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

On my build, I used their lower, rails, rear flip up and the combo gas block/front sight and have had zero issues. Solid company with solid products.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good stuff thanks for the help guys. I am slightly disappointed that I can't get it in a mid length but I will live. Still not 100% on going with BCM or YHM it's not about quality anymore I'm just torn for no reason I guess. No hurry though wife said I have to get it closer to Christmas seeing as how that is what Santa is bringing me this year I will have time to decide. Thanks again guys

Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892
Good stuff thanks for the help guys. I am slightly disappointed that I can't get it in a mid length but I will live. Still not 100% on going with BCM or YHM it's not about quality anymore I'm just torn for no reason I guess. No hurry though wife said I have to get it closer to Christmas seeing as how that is what Santa is bringing me this year I will have time to decide. Thanks again guys
I have an armalite ar that i installed a yhm mid length quad rail on. If i can get it, why cant you?