Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   YHM opinions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/yhm-opinions-68262/)

powell0892 07-15-2012 05:37 PM

YHM opinions

So I have decided to go with YHM lower and had orginally planned to do a BCM upper but I have been browsing and came across YHM uppers. I played with some numbers and found that I could get a YHM upper for around $775 which includes there quad rail, flip ups front and rear, BCG, and charging handle (I would also have a matching upper/lower). If I go with BCM uppper it would run me anywhere from $850-975 to get everything the YHM upper comes with. So anybody have any experience with YHM, any reason not to go that route? I understand that BCM is top notch with product and CC. Just trying to learn some more about YHM.

Dillinger 07-15-2012 06:12 PM

No complaints on this end. I have a few of their parts on a couple of my guns and the shop I hang out at has installed and/or assembled both uppers and lowers from them.

I have shot a complete gun and a couple of their uppers and they performed as expected. Reliable. Accurate. Just as advertised.

Great customer service and have never had an issue with fit or finish. A solid company in a market that is saturated with offerings.

Hope that helps.

JD

powell0892 07-15-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 870344)
No complaints on this end. I have a few of their parts on a couple of my guns and the shop I hang out at has installed and/or assembled both uppers and lowers from them.

I have shot a complete gun and a couple of their uppers and they performed as expected. Reliable. Accurate. Just as advertised.

Great customer service and have never had an issue with fit or finish. A solid company in a market that is saturated with offerings.

Hope that helps.

JD

Yes sir it sure does thanks for the info. I just have a hard time dropping that much money without getting a few people saying that they have had a good experience with them.

Sniper03 07-15-2012 06:31 PM

Our friend Dillinger is correct! As always! YHM produces nothing but quality products. I have been familiar with them for years and the company I worked for used a lot of their products over the years. Good stuff! And if you can save a buck you are not sacrificing any quality at all with YHM! Sounds great!
Good luck on you new AR~:D

HOSSFLY 07-15-2012 06:38 PM

I used a lot of their parts (no receiver) & was always very pleased with them- -top shelf parts IMO :cool:

Argyle_Armoring 07-15-2012 06:47 PM

I've used their BUIS and I currently use their QD Titanium Phantom suppressor.

Dillinger 07-15-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powell0892 (Post 870358)
Yes sir it sure does thanks for the info. I just have a hard time dropping that much money without getting a few people saying that they have had a good experience with them.

BCM has a lot of fans, as does Troy and Daniel Defense and Larue and on down the list.... They are on everyone's tongue and rightfully so.

But Yankee Hill Machine has been in the AR business for quite awhile (Incorporated in 1975 - with zero BBB complaints in the last 3 years and an A+ rating) something that a lot of "popular" companies can't say. :cool:

I have no problems recommending them as they have been top notch company to us.

JD

NitroxAZ 07-15-2012 07:02 PM

On my build, I used their lower, rails, rear flip up and the combo gas block/front sight and have had zero issues. Solid company with solid products.

powell0892 07-15-2012 07:37 PM

Good stuff thanks for the help guys. I am slightly disappointed that I can't get it in a mid length but I will live. Still not 100% on going with BCM or YHM it's not about quality anymore I'm just torn for no reason I guess. No hurry though wife said I have to get it closer to Christmas seeing as how that is what Santa is bringing me this year I will have time to decide. Thanks again guys

ryguy00 07-15-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powell0892
Good stuff thanks for the help guys. I am slightly disappointed that I can't get it in a mid length but I will live. Still not 100% on going with BCM or YHM it's not about quality anymore I'm just torn for no reason I guess. No hurry though wife said I have to get it closer to Christmas seeing as how that is what Santa is bringing me this year I will have time to decide. Thanks again guys

I have an armalite ar that i installed a yhm mid length quad rail on. If i can get it, why cant you?