xmas gift
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > xmas gift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default xmas gift

my wife bought me a stag model 1 in 5.56m.m. ive used this type of wepon before, this one is a 1x10 twist barrel, well this still handle my 55grain plinkers, hope so as i have over 3500 of them, allready orderd a model 5h in6.8spc and realy hope this lives up to its advertisments, never liked the m16 but i started on a m1 went to a m14, cried like a baby when they finaly caught up with me and made me take the m attel toy, it was destroyed in action and i scrouuged up a savage pump from some recon troops no problems as i was getting REAL short just worried over the 1 in10 twist blowing upmt 55 grain slugs
ymmas

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmas View Post
my wife bought me a stag model 1 in 5.56m.m. ive used this type of wepon before, this one is a 1x10 twist barrel, well this still handle my 55grain plinkers, hope so as i have over 3500 of them, allready orderd a model 5h in6.8spc and realy hope this lives up to its advertisments, never liked the m16 but i started on a m1 went to a m14, cried like a baby when they finaly caught up with me and made me take the m attel toy, it was destroyed in action and i scrouuged up a savage pump from some recon troops no problems as i was getting REAL short just worried over the 1 in10 twist blowing upmt 55 grain slugs
ymmas
Stag offered in a 1:10 Twist? Odd, I thought all of their Model 1's were in 1:9. hmmmm.

Even at 1:10, I don't think you should have any issues with 55gr. I don't know that I would buy a case of 69 to 75gr, without trying them first. but 55gr should be okay. That's not a lot of difference in twist between the 1:10 to 1:9, and the 1:9 will handle up most 69gr and some up to 73gr with no probs.

You can always give Stag a call to be safe, but I don't think it will be an issue, UNLESS those rounds are loaded HOT or something like that.

Slo

Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #3

my mistake it is a 1/9 barrel, do not know how i got 1/10 old age creeping up on me guess i best get a alarm fore my scale thank very much
ymmas

Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

1:10 will handel hte 55gr just fine.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmas View Post
my mistake it is a 1/9 barrel, do not know how i got 1/10 old age creeping up on me guess i best get a alarm fore my scale thank very much
ymmas
LOL...no problem. Happens to all of us...AGE that is

By the way...great gift. And the 6.8SPC, is a really good round. For a while they were hard to find, heck almost all ammo was for a while. But they are starting to show up more and more now, with different loads, including Soft Points. Silver State Armory - 6.8SPC ammo

Slo

Old 01-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #6

i live out in the sandhills on the ok/ks border within 60 mile radius i have tulsa ok, joplin missouri ,pitsburg ks and75 miles n is wichita all these places have 6.8spc in stock and it seems in large qanity,s a little $$$$$$$$$ but after i get caseing ,bullets and primmers ill be ok
what is veryone useing for powder ive allways used hogdon and imr powders
time for us forgetful old farts to go ttobed
semper fi
ymmas