Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > wow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

What brand of ar's does Walmart carry?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #12

Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
there are over 8400 Wal Mart's ... you think a few local independent shops have more volume than them?
i see your point, but honestly...i think in austin at least, the answer is definately yes.

there might be as many gunstores as walmarts in many texas cities. a local worker at the highest volume gunstore in austin claimed they had sold 10,000 guns a month since obamas re election. i doubt any wal mart around us comes close to touching 10,000 guns sold in a year, much less a month.

in fact, this is only one of a handful of times i have seen anyone buying a gun at wal mart. but honestly, this may be a regional difference. many of our guns stores are big, cheap, and have a vast selection of firearms, making wal mart seem far less attractive.

and i quickly tried to find the number of gunstores in america, but couldn't come up with anything. there has gotta be thousands as well

Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #13

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i see your point, but honestly...i think in austin at least, the answer is definitely yes.

there might be as many gunstores as Walmart in many Texas cities. a local worker at the highest volume gunstore in Austin claimed they had sold 10,000 guns a month since Obamas re election. i doubt any wal mart around us comes close to touching 10,000 guns sold in a year, much less a month.

in fact, this is only one of a handful of times i have seen anyone buying a gun at wal mart. but honestly, this may be a regional difference. many of our guns stores are big, cheap, and have a vast selection of firearms, making wal mart seem far less attractive.

and i quickly tried to find the number of gunstores in america, but couldn't come up with anything. there has gotta be thousands as well
yes, there are thousands and thousands of gun stores ... but for the most part they operate independently. Each of your top 10 LGS in your area may have only ordered 100 AR's, a total of 1000 rifles ... where as Wal Mart may have ordered 5000 rifles nationwide. Manufacturers more often than not are obligated to fill the largest orders first

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

hawkguy Likes This 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyss420 View Post
What brand of ar's does Walmart carry?
well, if i remember correctly, the w mart i normally shop at carried any one of: colt, windam, dpms, and a sig i believe. they also had about 2 ar style rimfires, and the mini 14 (not an ar, i know).

the ones these guys were buying are the first i have seen since the shooting.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 155 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

well, if i remember correctly, the w mart i normally shop at carried any one of: colt, windam, dpms, and a sig i believe. they also had about 2 ar style rimfires, and the mini 14 (not an ar, i know).

the ones these guys were buying are the first i have seen since the shooting.
I have seen sig and bushmaster at ours.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
yes, there are thousands and thousands of gun stores ... but for the most part they operate independently. Each of your top 10 LGS in your area may have only ordered 100 AR's, a total of 1000 rifles ... where as Wal Mart may have ordered 5000 rifles nationwide. Manufacturers more often than not are obligated to fill the largest orders first
absolutely true, that is a good point! and i am not trying to argue with you. but honestly in my area, wal mart is probably one of the LAST places most think to go to get a gun. i have never purchased a gun at wal mart. so much better selection and service at our LGS's. and honestly, the prices are also very competitive.

Last edited by hawkguy; 01-26-2013 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typos
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #17
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

yup, same here, limit of 3. i actually don't mind the ammo limit in THIS climate. gives me an actual chance to get some ammo...

but the ar's is what had me thinking maybe things are improving a little.
True. There wasn't much left and if there wasn't a limit we wouldn't have gotten any.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #18

At my lgs they had 6-8 ARs which were marked up 100%. This may be why they're still there.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #19

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

I've never paid attention to walmarts firearm selection. I don't like walmart and try to stay out unless all else fails. All the local gun stores around here didn't expect any more ARs until after 1/22/13. PSA makes their own and continued to pump them out to sell in the store but not online.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 01-26-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #20

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

They had two ARs at the Walmart I shop at a while ago. One was a Colt. I dont remember the other. It was after the craziness started. The Colt was just under a grand. I thought that was a great deal.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.