wow
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > wow

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,398
Liked 3113 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

Default wow

i saw two guys puchasing AR-15's today.....

.....AT A LOCAL WAL-MART! are things getting better? i was a bit shocked honestly. maybe these guys were related to the manager?

are they becoming more available again or was this an anomaly? they actually had a couple of boxes of 223 in as well....

__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

I wouldn't support Wal-Mart if they were the only place left selling AR's

__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
StainlessSteel215 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,398
Liked 3113 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

Default

i really asking in terms of the availibility. seems strange to see two ar's purchased at such a common place when people are running around trying and hoping to find them for double their regular price..

__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

No change that I have seen yet.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i really asking in terms of the availibility. seems strange to see two ar's purchased at such a common place when people are running around trying and hoping to find them for double their regular price..
keep in mind that Wal-Mart has more purchasing power than an independent shop. If they ordered 1000 rifles a manufacturer would be obligated to fill their order first before a mom and pop shop that ordered 5 rifles
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

We were just at Walmart and they limited us to three boxes of ammo per person. That's their limit right now per person per day so I got three and Fathead got three. Too bad the daughter is only 9...... Haha

__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,398
Liked 3113 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
keep in mind that Wal-Mart has more purchasing power than an independent shop. If they ordered 1000 rifles a manufacturer would be obligated to fill their order first before a mom and pop shop that ordered 5 rifles
really? yeah, you're probably right. if for no other reason, the fear of losing wal mart business....but i'm still thinking related to or dating to the manger myself...

although i honestly think there is no way wal mart here competes in gun sales with some of our local gunstores. a few gunstores i go to are HIGH volume.
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
really? yeah, you're probably right. if for no other reason, the fear of losing wal mart business....but i'm still thinking related to or dating to the manger myself...

although i honestly think there is no way wal mart here competes in gun sales with some of our local gunstores. a few gunstores i go to are HIGH volume.
there are over 8400 Wal Mart's ... you think a few local independent shops have more volume than them?
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,398
Liked 3113 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
We were just at Walmart and they limited us to three boxes of ammo per person. That's their limit right now per person per day so I got three and Fathead got three. Too bad the daughter is only 9...... Haha
yup, same here, limit of 3. i actually don't mind the ammo limit in THIS climate. gives me an actual chance to get some ammo...

but the ar's is what had me thinking maybe things are improving a little.
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
andyss420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Default

What brand does of ar's does Walmart carry

__________________
andyss420 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes