Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   wow (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/wow-82474/)

hawkguy 01-26-2013 02:26 AM

wow

i saw two guys puchasing AR-15's today.....

.....AT A LOCAL WAL-MART! :eek: are things getting better? i was a bit shocked honestly. maybe these guys were related to the manager?

are they becoming more available again or was this an anomaly? they actually had a couple of boxes of 223 in as well....

dog2000tj 01-26-2013 02:28 AM

I wouldn't support Wal-Mart if they were the only place left selling AR's :cool:

hawkguy 01-26-2013 02:33 AM

i really asking in terms of the availibility. seems strange to see two ar's purchased at such a common place when people are running around trying and hoping to find them for double their regular price..:confused:

mountainman13 01-26-2013 02:34 AM

No change that I have seen yet.

dog2000tj 01-26-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1110419)
i really asking in terms of the availibility. seems strange to see two ar's purchased at such a common place when people are running around trying and hoping to find them for double their regular price..:confused:

keep in mind that Wal-Mart has more purchasing power than an independent shop. If they ordered 1000 rifles a manufacturer would be obligated to fill their order first before a mom and pop shop that ordered 5 rifles :mad:

Zombiegirl 01-26-2013 02:50 AM

We were just at Walmart and they limited us to three boxes of ammo per person. That's their limit right now per person per day so I got three and Fathead got three. Too bad the daughter is only 9...... Haha

hawkguy 01-26-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1110448)
keep in mind that Wal-Mart has more purchasing power than an independent shop. If they ordered 1000 rifles a manufacturer would be obligated to fill their order first before a mom and pop shop that ordered 5 rifles :mad:

really? yeah, you're probably right. if for no other reason, the fear of losing wal mart business....but i'm still thinking related to or dating to the manger myself...:D

although i honestly think there is no way wal mart here competes in gun sales with some of our local gunstores. a few gunstores i go to are HIGH volume.

dog2000tj 01-26-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1110462)
really? yeah, you're probably right. if for no other reason, the fear of losing wal mart business....but i'm still thinking related to or dating to the manger myself...:D

although i honestly think there is no way wal mart here competes in gun sales with some of our local gunstores. a few gunstores i go to are HIGH volume.

there are over 8400 Wal Mart's ... you think a few local independent shops have more volume than them? :rolleyes:

hawkguy 01-26-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl (Post 1110459)
We were just at Walmart and they limited us to three boxes of ammo per person. That's their limit right now per person per day so I got three and Fathead got three. Too bad the daughter is only 9...... Haha

yup, same here, limit of 3. i actually don't mind the ammo limit in THIS climate. gives me an actual chance to get some ammo...:)

but the ar's is what had me thinking maybe things are improving a little.

andyss420 01-26-2013 03:04 AM

What brand does of ar's does Walmart carry