Would like your opinion on Black Rain Ordinance
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Would like your opinion on Black Rain Ordinance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Would like your opinion on Black Rain Ordinance

It would be greatly appreciated. Specifically the BRO-PG14. Specs are as follows:
Caliber 308
Finish: NORGUARD
Barrel: 18" STD-SMF-MACH
Weight: 8lbs. 13oz.
Stock: BLK MOE
Rail: 12" BLK QUAD
Flash: MACH MFS
Gas/Piston: GAS
Receivers: MILLED
Total Legnth: 37"
Rifling: 1x11
Gas Block: LOW PROFILE
Grip: BLK MIAD
Mag: 20 RND PMAG

I am seriously looking into an AR-10 platform purchase. I'm just not educated on the gas or piston systems that are out there, other than looking on line. But that can only get a guy so far. I don't know enough people that have even shot them much less know a whole lot about them. I'm hoping there are some generous souls out there that wouldn't mind educating a FNG in the AR10 platform, on what to look for and what to stay away from. Any pertinent help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance, BT

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I know a couple guys with BROs. They're good (albeit a little flashy and expensive) rifles. I'm going to assume the 'SMF' barrel means stainless match fluted. This is a really good rifle, but I would imagine the cost will be well north of $2K. Make a few additions (heavier stock, MBUS) and purchase optics, and you're talking about a $3-4K rifle once complete.

The overall weight, and barrel twist/length are attractive features for a good all around AR10. It's probably capable grouping like a champ in the 100-600yd range using 168gr match ammo. It'll likely be all over the place with 147gr NATO ball. I also like that it takes PMags. No info listed on the BCG, but knowing BRO it's probably a quality NiB.

If you buy this rifle, you may want to add a heavier stock. I'm guessing a Magpul MOE is just too light to balance that thing out.

So if you like the looks and the cost don't deter you, the function and quality will hold up their end of the deal.

Last edited by sweeper22; 05-15-2013 at 09:46 AM.