Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > a word about Palmetto State Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Another thing...i dont EVER WANT to have to bad mouth a company. I WANT to talk loud and proud about my guns.

No one has ever seen me bad mouth Springfield Armory 1911's...because i LOVE mine and its worked almost flawlessly (had to some FTF issues that a quick polish/buff of the feed ramp took care of) from day one and has for 20 years!

You have seen me DEFEND Kel-Tecs PF-9...because mine has served me well from day 1...once it got me broke in

I could go on and on about my guns and how i brag on them...i WANT to be able to do this about my PSA M-4!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #22

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I do not buy guns on line; I try to avoid the vanity of the fad. Buying a gun is like getting a dog, or handling a maiden. I got to pet it, caress it, finger it, rub it all over, sleep with it, and then shoot it.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I hope their online store and shipping is fair lol I just ordered from them last night

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #24

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I do not buy guns on line; I try to avoid the vanity of the fad. Buying a gun is like getting a dog, or handling a maiden. I got to pet it, caress it, finger it, rub it all over, sleep with it, and then shoot it.
That's a good way to find a gun but it is luck of the draw. Buying online greatly improves the odds of finding a unique gun or a great price. If you're careful online sales are great.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
fmj

OK Ladies and Gents! I am back to once again talk about PSA!

I took the M4 out to the range today and ran it hard! Other than one minor hiccup it ran well.

about 4 or 5 rounds into the first mag it didnt feed correctly....as i was cussing a blue streak i gave the forward assist a sharp smack and the bolt jumped into battery.

After that not a problem. I slow fired doing my best to drop every round into the 9 or 10 ring, i dumped a full mag. ran it with 3, then 5 then 10 round bursts. Factory mag, Pmags, for a grand total of 8, 30 rd magazines run thru it in a 2 hour span.

other than having to send a nasty email to get costumer service attention and for them to take me seriously when i said i had an issue. They did well. It seems the fixed the problem, they paid for shipping and had a total of 1 week turn around time. In my book thats a pretty top notch company!

Lets pray my M-4 runs for the rest of my life without an issue!

HOORAY FOR PALMETTO STATE ARMORY!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #26

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Thanks for the warning man.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
... as i was cussing a blue streak i gave the forward assist a sharp smack and the bolt jumped into battery.

After that not a problem...
Sounds like it just needed a little tough love! And maybe a little more break in. Glad to hear this range session went well.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #28

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

So it sounds like this was a bolt issue, not necessarily an upper issue, correct? I am considering purchasing a PSA upper since their uppers don't include a BCG or charging handle. Then I'll go elsewhere and buy a great BCG.

Even BCM sells uppers without the BCG and charging handle.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
... Even BCM sells uppers without the BCG and charging handle.
But I bet most of them go out the door with a BCM BCG and their nifty charging handle.

______

Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #30
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
So it sounds like this was a bolt issue, not necessarily an upper issue, correct? I am considering purchasing a PSA upper since their uppers don't include a BCG or charging handle. Then I'll go elsewhere and buy a great BCG.

Even BCM sells uppers without the BCG and charging handle.
No, according to PSA customer service rep (i sent an e-mail asking what was found wrong) they tightened the extractor. I am figuring the extractor spring was out of spec.

Even the companies with the highest ratings have an issue every once in a while.

I tellya, this gun is more accurate than i am and ejects the brass into a nice neat pile.