Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Wolf 223 55gr HP ammo Deal!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I just ordered 2000 rds of Wolf 223 55gr HP ammo from Sportsmans Guide for $260.27 per 1000 rds. I haven't seen low prices like that in a long time.
Bad news-It isn't in stock,but they are expecting it June 1,2009. Hell,for that price,I don't mind waiting.

I don't really care for Wolf ammo,but at the prices that everything else is selling for,I'll just have to clean my guns a little more often I guess shooting this stuff.

Get it while you can guys!
Make sure you inspect each round before you load in the mag.

the polymer coated wolf runs ok, but we have experienced a few stuck cases and this reversed primer

Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1081 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 506

I have shot Wolf for years,and yes,you do need to look it over before you load it into a mag. I never had a problem with their coating on the cases whether it was laquer or the new coating. I have shot it out of a Mini 14,both my AR's,a Saiga,and my Kel-tec PLR 16 pistol. It is just a dirty,cheap shooting ammo,that I only prefer to shoot out of the Saiga,and Kel-tec because they dent the crap out of the cases.

I was just trying to let guys know I found it at a decent price. Most places are getting $320 or more for it.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Wolf .223

I have shot several hundred rounds of Wolf in each of my AR's (1980's vintage Colt SP1 and my new 16" RRA). The Wolf has shot well in both of my AR's, and I have had no FTF or FTE. Based on the lower price of the Wolf I have been very happy with it as range ammo.

Saturday my brother and I went out to the local range, I gave him a box of the same Wolf that I was shoooting. He had several FTE in his 16" Bushmaster. His AR is well maintained and is well cleaned after every use. We could not figure out why he had the FTE, while I had no problems with the same ammo in my RRA.

TXnorton

Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

TXnorton,

without being able to look over the gun, i probably guess that his gas system or extractor would be the issue. he may not be getting enough gas back from the Wolf to fully eject the rounds, or his extractor spring could need some beefing up (check out bravo company for extractor upgrades). another area to look at is proper lubing in his gun, specially in and around the BCG.

i haven't had any problems with wolf in any of my AR's. and to be totally honest, i want to know that they will run on just about anything i feed them, specially if that is the piece that you are staking your life or your loved ones lives on.

Slo