Wilson Combat Complete Lowers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Wilson Combat Complete Lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Wilson Combat Complete Lowers

So i am shopping for a 6.8 rifle and i come across something peculiar. The difference between a WC upper and a complete rilfe is $1000. How in the world is their complete lower worth that much? Can anybody shed some light on this? http://www.wilsoncombat.com/68project.htm

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I didn't check out the page in depth, way too much data in one place. They should seriously consider re-doing their page.

Where did you see their upper listed? At quick glance I didn't see any uppers on that page. You have to understand that if you saw the upper at a vendor/dealer and you are comparing to a manufacturer direct price, the manufacturer is going to sell at MSRP 99% of the time (unless on sale). Now if you have a dealer, the dealer is going to buy a bunch of uppers and buy them at a discount and set their own price. You almost always pay full price when you buy manufacturer direct. Just check out any manufacturer of your choosing then check out various dealers pricing.

I have spoke with some AR manufacturing companies who state 90% of their product is allocated to dealers and only 10% they sell manufacturer direct. It always amazes me why anyone would buy manufacturer direct.

Another thing to consider what all is included with the complete rifle that might not be included with the upper seperate? Again I did not read the page in depth. Are you getting a case, a sling, an optic, sights, etc?

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 08-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #3

Just about everywhere you check the difference is about $1000 or more. I think the full rifle comes with a case, but i doubt its a pelican or one of the sort. It just seems to expensive, i have to be missing something.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 08-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Wilson combat is meh on ar15. I personally rank em with dpms.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Wilson combat is meh on ar15. I personally rank em with dpms.
Any way i can get you to elaborate on that? Im genuinely curious

Old 08-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Any way i can get you to elaborate on that? Im genuinely curious
They have a spotty history producing quality rifles. There are plenty of known excellent ar15 makers like bcm psa dd colt rra to name few depending on your ar needs

Don't confuse wilson combat with wilson barrel company. Wilson barrels are extremely top notch up there with fn, krieger, white oak

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-17-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #7

Quote:

They have a spotty history producing quality rifles. There are plenty of known excellent ar15 makers like bcm psa dd colt rra to name few depending on your ar needs

Don't confuse wilson combat with wilson barrel company. Wilson barrels are extremely top notch up there with fn, krieger, white oak
I always thought them to be a top of line rifle, but then thats not from personal experience. What would be a good company to look at for a 6.8.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Personally I would prolly go rra or maybe spikes for the upper. Nothing special needed for the lower just any ar lower. My pref is bcm or rra for lowers. That is if your talking 6.8 spc

Old 08-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Personally I would prolly go rra or maybe spikes for the upper. Nothing special needed for the lower just any ar lower. My pref is bcm or rra for lowers. That is if your talking 6.8 spc
Spikes makes a 6.8?!

Old 08-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Spikes makes a 6.8?!
Oops sorry not anymore no longer on their site