Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Wilson Combat Complete Lowers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/wilson-combat-complete-lowers-95485/)

TheSadPanda 08-15-2013 09:04 PM

Wilson Combat Complete Lowers

So i am shopping for a 6.8 rifle and i come across something peculiar. The difference between a WC upper and a complete rilfe is $1000. How in the world is their complete lower worth that much? Can anybody shed some light on this? http://www.wilsoncombat.com/68project.htm

CGS 08-16-2013 03:56 PM

I didn't check out the page in depth, way too much data in one place. They should seriously consider re-doing their page.

Where did you see their upper listed? At quick glance I didn't see any uppers on that page. You have to understand that if you saw the upper at a vendor/dealer and you are comparing to a manufacturer direct price, the manufacturer is going to sell at MSRP 99% of the time (unless on sale). Now if you have a dealer, the dealer is going to buy a bunch of uppers and buy them at a discount and set their own price. You almost always pay full price when you buy manufacturer direct. Just check out any manufacturer of your choosing then check out various dealers pricing.

I have spoke with some AR manufacturing companies who state 90% of their product is allocated to dealers and only 10% they sell manufacturer direct. It always amazes me why anyone would buy manufacturer direct.

Another thing to consider what all is included with the complete rifle that might not be included with the upper seperate? Again I did not read the page in depth. Are you getting a case, a sling, an optic, sights, etc?

TheSadPanda 08-16-2013 05:47 PM

Just about everywhere you check the difference is about $1000 or more. I think the full rifle comes with a case, but i doubt its a pelican or one of the sort. It just seems to expensive, i have to be missing something.

JonM 08-17-2013 03:49 AM

Wilson combat is meh on ar15. I personally rank em with dpms.

TheSadPanda 08-17-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
Wilson combat is meh on ar15. I personally rank em with dpms.

Any way i can get you to elaborate on that? Im genuinely curious :)

JonM 08-17-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1337832)
Any way i can get you to elaborate on that? Im genuinely curious :)

They have a spotty history producing quality rifles. There are plenty of known excellent ar15 makers like bcm psa dd colt rra to name few depending on your ar needs

Don't confuse wilson combat with wilson barrel company. Wilson barrels are extremely top notch up there with fn, krieger, white oak

TheSadPanda 08-17-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

They have a spotty history producing quality rifles. There are plenty of known excellent ar15 makers like bcm psa dd colt rra to name few depending on your ar needs

Don't confuse wilson combat with wilson barrel company. Wilson barrels are extremely top notch up there with fn, krieger, white oak

I always thought them to be a top of line rifle, but then thats not from personal experience. What would be a good company to look at for a 6.8.

JonM 08-17-2013 04:29 AM

Personally I would prolly go rra or maybe spikes for the upper. Nothing special needed for the lower just any ar lower. My pref is bcm or rra for lowers. That is if your talking 6.8 spc

TheSadPanda 08-17-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Personally I would prolly go rra or maybe spikes for the upper. Nothing special needed for the lower just any ar lower. My pref is bcm or rra for lowers. That is if your talking 6.8 spc

Spikes makes a 6.8?!

JonM 08-17-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1337857)
Spikes makes a 6.8?!

Oops sorry not anymore no longer on their site