Wilson Combat
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Wilson Combat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Wilson Combat

So Im thinking about getting a Wilson Combat SBR Tactical, either 5.56 NATO or the 7.62x40 WT. I would also most likely get the WC Whisper Suppressor along with the gun... Has anyone seen one in person, or even better, had the chance to shoot one? I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the gun. Here is a link to the manufacturer page...

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/rifle-sbr-tactical.asp

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #2

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788 View Post
So Im thinking about getting a Wilson Combat SBR Tactical, either 5.56 NATO or the 7.62x40 WT. I would also most likely get the WC Whisper Suppressor along with the gun... Has anyone seen one in person, or even better, had the chance to shoot one? I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the gun. Here is a link to the manufacturer page...

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/rifle-sbr-tactical.asp
Wow that's gonna be expensive when its all said and done. That's tallies up to about $3960.00 after the suppressor and both tax stamps.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #3

Yea I know... Do you think it will be as accurate and as high quality as it is expensive?

Last edited by MCarter788; 10-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Yea I know... Do you think it will be as accurate and as high quality as it is expensive?
Its only going to be as accurate as the shooter squeezing the trigger . If your looking for accuracy at any distance further than 100 yards I would look at a 14.5-16" barrel if your looking at MOA accuracy out to 400 look at the Kreiger Barrels or White Oaks barrels . Wilson is a fine rifle dont get me wrong but there are options out that that are equal in quality for alot less $$$$ .
Personally if I was looking at long distance accuracy with a suppressor I would take a look at a Savage or Remington Bolt gun in a larger caliber than 5.56 or .223 . 300 win mag would be a excellent choice for that along with a plethera of other calibers

Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

I'm looking more in the 100 yard range because I will be using it at night while hunting with a light.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #6

Quote:
I'm looking more in the 100 yard range because I will be using it at night while hunting with a light.
Then your on the right track of what your looking for . Lots of manufacturers out there to choose from Personally since you will be shooting fairly close range I would look at a 1:9 twist rate on the barrel I assume you will be hunting mainly at night I would go this route, BCM , PSA, Daniel Defense, Colt, Stag and there are many more to choose from ,Same on the can there are other companies out there that are cheaper and as good or better quality and use that extra money for a nice NV optic since you plan on using it at night

Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #7

Well what I'm wondering with all of those other companies is that they don't really have a whole system already made like WC does. I know that WC's upper and lower are both cut from the same piece of metal, their trigger is perfectly fit and has a few different variations for what you need, and they have the match stainless barrel that sits really well in the gun. What I'm trying to say is that there is a lot of quality in their parts and they have made a lot of effort to make sure that they are all fit perfectly together. I feel like when you start parting a gun together from different manufacturer's it isn't going to be as good.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Well what I'm wondering with all of those other companies is that they don't really have a whole system already made like WC does. I know that WC's upper and lower are both cut from the same piece of metal, their trigger is perfectly fit and has a few different variations for what you need, and they have the match stainless barrel that sits really well in the gun. What I'm trying to say is that there is a lot of quality in their parts and they have made a lot of effort to make sure that they are all fit perfectly together. I feel like when you start parting a gun together from different manufacturer's it isn't going to be as good.
Then I think you better go talk to Jon
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/precision-upper-70272/

Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #9

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

1) haven't had a trigger in the 10+ lower's I've built that didn't fit perfectly. Not quite sure what you meant by that...

2) Upper and lower slop isn't really an issue unless you are trying to build a precision gun. Its really not that big of an issue, but it is nice when there's no slop.

3) WC has a great rep, phenominal 1911s, but honestly I think their ar15 prices are astronomical. I'd rather get a LaRue, Noveske or KAC and have money left over for an optic. These companies have been doing it a lot longer and have a lot more experience under their collective belts. LaRue has a no BS lifetime warranty and sub moa guarantee.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #10

That's a good point, I wasn't aware that LaRue Tactical had that kind of warranty and claim on accuracy. I wonder if they offer the short barrel with that same guarantee. I will do a little more research into them as well. Thank you for your insight.