Will uppers still be available - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Will uppers still be available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk

No offense. Don't blame him.. this is free market. You should blame yourself for not moving fast! Not to mention supply vs demand in control right now.
Agreed. Just because he bought 6 mags, even if it's for an investment piece, doesn't make him an a$$hole. If you need mags, maybe you should have stocked up beforehand.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sure hope so, I need one. Looking at Ranier Arms, Riflegear or Daniel Defense.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #23

Liked 1330 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 856

If someone were to buy up say, 10000 mags, with the specific goal of selling them at super inflated prices, that may be different. I have heard there is one gun shop near me that is actually refusing to sell anything right now. He apparently thinks that prices are going to go way up, (probably a good bet), and he's going to sell at those higher prices. But that seems like bad business to me. How are you supposed to make money in the meantime? And, if I was a regular customer, and he refused to sell me anything, and I knew damn well he had it, I wouldn't go back. Ever. There are a ton of gun shops around here, and more opening up. This guy has a gun shop opening a stone's throw from him already. I also hear that the guy went to see him to make friends and say that he was not going to directly compete, different products, theme. The 1st guy got all pissed and rude. So, now the new guy is going all-out, and may possibly end up trampling the 1st shop. He definately has some money behind him. Already been a story in the paper.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Did I maybe forget to mention that I'm looking to acquire parts slowly to build one? Been thinking about it for a while. Thought I'd start with the potentially hardest to get/going to be scarce parts 1st. Lower is next. After that a lower parts kit. Am I an a$$hole until I have the whole thing completed?

Maybe if you own an AR already, you should have bought some mags to go with it, huh? If I made that mistake, I'd be pissed, too. As far as I know, it's a free market, and I can buy whatever I want, for any reason. I probably wouldn't even sell them, unless it becomes impossible to complete the gun.
Maybe you didn't mention it or maybe I missed it in your post but if you bought the PMAGs with the intent to build an AR in the future that's cool. I hope the market calms down, and parts become available again so you have the chance to build one!

I stocked up on lowers, PMAGS and BCGs a few months ago. Not to resell them, but to have for my own future needs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by ZeusEcho; 12-23-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
Agreed. Just because he bought 6 mags, even if it's for an investment piece, doesn't make him an a$$hole. If you need mags, maybe you should have stocked up beforehand.
I know it's a free market and all but people buying these parts just to jack up the price later to make a buck is bull****, especially considering the tragic circumstances driving this.

I've got zero respect for anyone trying to make a buck in the wake of such a tragedy and the potential infringement of our rights.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #26

Liked 1284 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 616

For anyone that has been into the shooting sports for any length of time,if you haven't already stocked up on anything that is needed for any type of firearm,then you've been sleeping way too much.
For many years the Anti-gunners have been pushing the Ban wagon around,and it's your own fault if you don't already have what you need.
If you waited for this tragic event to happen before you wanted/needed an AR or any other type of weapon that could be adversely affected by a Ban movement,then it's nobody's fault but your own.
I stocked up on stuff years ago before the first AWB took place,as well as tried to stockpile parts/gun powder/primers/and bullets whenever I found them for good prices.

I don't blame anyone for making a killing on all the people that have waited for this to happen again before trying to get what they have wanted. It's just the price you pay for procrastinating.
I told a friend of mine several months ago to buy a stripped lower (He's been wanting me to build him a rifle),he didn't do it. So now if he can even find one,it's going to cost him 3-5x's as much for everything.It's nobodies fault but his own!

Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
For anyone that has been into the shooting sports for any length of time,if you haven't already stocked up on anything that is needed for any type of firearm,then you've been sleeping way too much.
For many years the Anti-gunners have been pushing the Ban wagon around,and it's your own fault if you don't already have what you need.
If you waited for this tragic event to happen before you wanted/needed an AR or any other type of weapon that could be adversely affected by a Ban movement,then it's nobody's fault but your own.
I stocked up on stuff years ago before the first AWB took place,as well as tried to stockpile parts/gun powder/primers/and bullets whenever I found them for good prices.

I don't blame anyone for making a killing on all the people that have waited for this to happen again before trying to get what they have wanted. It's just the price you pay for procrastinating.
I told a friend of mine several months ago to buy a stripped lower (He's been wanting me to build him a rifle),he didn't do it. So now if he can even find one,it's going to cost him 3-5x's as much for everything.It's nobodies fault but his own!
Well said!. A friend of mine been listening to me before the election. Now... he regretted why he didn't listen to me way long before the election.

Last edited by okdonk; 12-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #28

Liked 1330 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 856

OK, so having said that, what do you guys (Okdonk & Txhillbilly) think about the gun shop not selling anything & waiting for the price to go up?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Well i'm not sure what will the gun stores do in average. All i know my fav LGS is slammed since last week. Their walls and shelves are empty. Good thing was this LGS, New Frontier Armory didn't jack the prices up even on their last inventory of Pmags unlike my other LGSs. I'm not sure what people are buying now.. maybe ordering lowers or anything they hoped can get before the ban.
It's been chaos lately.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #30

Liked 780 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
OK, so having said that, what do you guys (Okdonk & Txhillbilly) think about the gun shop not selling anything & waiting for the price to go up?
Personally I hope he has to eat every f'n one of them or this all blows over and he sells them below his cost. But the sad fact is that supply and demand will determine price and the highest bidders will determine what we all pay, if you haven't prepared for this you really have no one to be angry with but yourself. Take a lesson from this and think about what water, food or fuel will cost if we were facing a real SHTF scenario and prepare accordingly.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington