Will uppers still be available - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Will uppers still be available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Question about the last ban. If you had a AR with a collapsible stock, bayonet lug, and a flash hider when the ban came into place, did you have to have all that removed?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Question about the last ban. If you had a AR with a collapsible stock, bayonet lug, and a flash hider when the ban came into place, did you have to have all that removed?
As far as the former federal AWB, they were grandfathered in. There's no way today to be sure what a new law will permit. Or if there will be a new law next year.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #13

Liked 934 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 584

The 1994 ban only prevented you from buying certain new parts, like hi-cap mags, bayonet lugs, flash hiders. If you already had that stuff, you could keep it. You could also buy the same guns with out that stuff, or stuff that was manufactured before the cutoff date.

What I don't get is all these posts asking what a future ban will ban. Who the hell knows? It hasn't happened yet. Nothing says it has to be like the last one. I would be tempted to say it might be more severe in nature.

As to the worry about buying AR lowers and not being able to find uppers: buy the lower, it will be worth more next week, & next year, most likely. So you can't find an upper.....sell the lower for a profit. Last week I bought 6 P Mags. I have no AR. Now, 5 days later, they're likely worth more. No one has them on the shelves. I'm not worried.

Last edited by clr8ter; 12-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #14

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I thought I read Feinstein was gonna introduce an actual total ban, bring em all in and watch em get melted down type ban, that aint gonna happen around these parts.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2749 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I thought I read Feinstein was gonna introduce an actual total ban, bring em all in and watch em get melted down type ban, that ain't gonna happen around these parts.
Should it come to that, I predict an uptick in tragic boating accidents involving firearms in deep water.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
Jpyle Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Please read Sputnic1988s post have a tall drink relax and then go shooting. This Gun Shop Gossip is getting insane.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
The 1994 ban only prevented you from buying certain new parts, like hi-cap mags, bayonet lugs, flash hiders. If you already had that stuff, you could keep it. You could also buy the same guns with out that stuff, or stuff that was manufactured before the cutoff date.

What I don't get is all these posts asking what a future ban will ban. Who the hell knows? It hasn't happened yet. Nothing says it has to be like the last one. I would be tempted to say it might be more severe in nature.

As to the worry about buying AR lowers and not being able to find uppers: buy the lower, it will be worth more next week, & next year, most likely. So you can't find an upper.....sell the lower for a profit. Last week I bought 6 P Mags. I have no AR. Now, 5 days later, they're likely worth more. No one has them on the shelves. I'm not worried.
Sorry, but if you are buying PMAGS and don't even own an AR, then YOU are part of the problem.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho

Sorry, but if you are buying PMAGS and don't even own an AR, then YOU are part of the problem.
That pisses me off. I have 2 AR's and can't find PMAGs because of *******s like him. I hope the market gets flooded with Mags so all these ****tards buying them up get screwed.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #19

Liked 934 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Did I maybe forget to mention that I'm looking to acquire parts slowly to build one? Been thinking about it for a while. Thought I'd start with the potentially hardest to get/going to be scarce parts 1st. Lower is next. After that a lower parts kit. Am I an a$$hole until I have the whole thing completed?

Maybe if you own an AR already, you should have bought some mags to go with it, huh? If I made that mistake, I'd be pissed, too. As far as I know, it's a free market, and I can buy whatever I want, for any reason. I probably wouldn't even sell them, unless it becomes impossible to complete the gun.

Last edited by clr8ter; 12-23-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post

That pisses me off. I have 2 AR's and can't find PMAGs because of *******s like him. I hope the market gets flooded with Mags so all these ****tards buying them up get screwed.
No offense. Don't blame him.. this is free market. You should blame yourself for not moving fast! Not to mention supply vs demand in control right now.