Why are Noveske Gen2 lowers so expensive?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why are Noveske Gen2 lowers so expensive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Why are Noveske Gen2 lowers so expensive?

Just wondering why these lowers are so expensive compared to other forged lowers. It just has a flared magwell and forged in trigger guard. Is it just because its a Noveske? Is it worth that high price tag? Wanted one but went with the spikes lower instead.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post
Just wondering why these lowers are so expensive compared to other forged lowers. It just has a flared magwell and forged in trigger guard. Is it just because its a Noveske? Is it worth that high price tag? Wanted one but went with the spikes lower instead.
Theyre not terrible expensive, what price did you see it at

Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Theyre not terrible expensive, what price did you see it at
$250-299 for the first grade and $209 for the chainsaw. It's not terrible but is it worth that over other forged ones in the $100-150 range?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

It's Noveske. You're paying for the name, the roll mark, and the meticulous quality control.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
It's Noveske. You're paying for the name, the roll mark, and the meticulous quality control.
+1 especially on the QC

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6344 Times on 3547 Posts
Likes Given: 5923

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
+1 especially on the QC
Then they're as good as a Colt????

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Then they're as good as a Colt????
Better in my book. At least when comparing them to my Colt service rifle.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #8

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

As far as rollmark, I'd rather have Colt. No doubt Noveske does a little extra finishing and is a desirable lower but you also can get a nicely flared magwell for much less in the $125 S&W or JD Machine Tech (which did my $100 Valkyrie Arms lower). I also have ArmaLite and they didn't smooth out ridge lines or flare the magwell as well. I would compare a few lowers firsthand and choose the one you like. I suppose we could gather data on quality/finishing of various lowers and add to the first post of the lowers sticky.

Spikes probably does a good job on their lowers. It's been a while since I've seen one and I didn't do much of an inspection.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #9

Spikes probably does a good job on their lowers. It's been a while since I've seen one and I didn't do much of an inspection.[/QUOTE]

The Spikes lower is really nice I'm just not completely impressed with how it mates with my VLTOR MUR upper. The fit prob isn't all that bad but I can feel and hear it rattle and its a little much for my liking. Wish there was a tension screw on it. Heard the Noveske gen2's fit tight with the MUR only reason why I asked about it

Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 234 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Spike's... had too many and i got bored already. But i have to admit.... the quality is top notch!!
Noveske is awesome.. i don't mind paying extra for the rollmark.. to me the rollmark is epic.
One thing i haven't accomplished... getting a DD stripped lower, which it would never happen.