Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Why are Noveske Gen2 lowers so expensive? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/why-noveske-gen2-lowers-so-expensive-78422/)

LaiePoi 12-14-2012 08:20 AM

Why are Noveske Gen2 lowers so expensive?

Just wondering why these lowers are so expensive compared to other forged lowers. It just has a flared magwell and forged in trigger guard. Is it just because its a Noveske? Is it worth that high price tag? Wanted one but went with the spikes lower instead.

Ultimate_sig 12-14-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaiePoi (Post 1051037)
Just wondering why these lowers are so expensive compared to other forged lowers. It just has a flared magwell and forged in trigger guard. Is it just because its a Noveske? Is it worth that high price tag? Wanted one but went with the spikes lower instead.

Theyre not terrible expensive, what price did you see it at

LaiePoi 12-14-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Theyre not terrible expensive, what price did you see it at

$250-299 for the first grade and $209 for the chainsaw. It's not terrible but is it worth that over other forged ones in the $100-150 range?

AgentTikki 12-14-2012 03:48 PM

It's Noveske. You're paying for the name, the roll mark, and the meticulous quality control.

silverado113 12-14-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1051272)
It's Noveske. You're paying for the name, the roll mark, and the meticulous quality control.

+1 especially on the QC

locutus 12-14-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 1051284)
+1 especially on the QC

Then they're as good as a Colt????

silverado113 12-14-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1051314)
Then they're as good as a Colt????

Better in my book. At least when comparing them to my Colt service rifle.

Quentin 12-14-2012 05:19 PM

As far as rollmark, I'd rather have Colt. No doubt Noveske does a little extra finishing and is a desirable lower but you also can get a nicely flared magwell for much less in the $125 S&W or JD Machine Tech (which did my $100 Valkyrie Arms lower). I also have ArmaLite and they didn't smooth out ridge lines or flare the magwell as well. I would compare a few lowers firsthand and choose the one you like. I suppose we could gather data on quality/finishing of various lowers and add to the first post of the lowers sticky.

Spikes probably does a good job on their lowers. It's been a while since I've seen one and I didn't do much of an inspection.

LaiePoi 12-19-2012 08:02 AM

Spikes probably does a good job on their lowers. It's been a while since I've seen one and I didn't do much of an inspection.[/QUOTE]

The Spikes lower is really nice I'm just not completely impressed with how it mates with my VLTOR MUR upper. The fit prob isn't all that bad but I can feel and hear it rattle and its a little much for my liking. Wish there was a tension screw on it. Heard the Noveske gen2's fit tight with the MUR only reason why I asked about it

okdonk 12-19-2012 10:28 AM

Spike's... had too many and i got bored already. But i have to admit.... the quality is top notch!!
Noveske is awesome.. i don't mind paying extra for the rollmark.. to me the rollmark is epic.
One thing i haven't accomplished... getting a DD stripped lower, which it would never happen. :(