Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #71
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5880 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 6233

Hi cap Magazine Logic is silly! 200 years ago Hi-Cap was a side by side shotgun or a Pepperbox, today its 30 rounds? I disagree with the assumption that 30 or 60 rounds is hi-cap. Belt fed from a drum or ammo case might be considered Hi-Cap but wait- Puff fires a crate in 3 seconds so maybe thats truly Hi-cap! A single shot from an M-203 grenade launcher is worse than 30 rounds if your in the defense and thats only a single shot gun!

I wouldnt really want to be assaulted with Hy-Cap Gas-cans and a bic lighter, french frys arent any better than bullets when it comes to death and injuries from burns can be much more horrific and disfiguring. Using Hi-Cap logic, anything with a motor and wheels is Hi-Cap other than a push lawnmower. Even that could be used with horrible outcomes....

2o years from now when photon plasma guns become the rage, 60 round Mags will be a joke! I can here Washington now. "We need to limit the batteries and wattage on those new plasma Assault Weapons, who needs 5000 shots without reloading anyways?"...

Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #72

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default So, Why a 30-Shot Mag?

...because chain-fed is just too expensive after we've been taxed for Left-wing feeding chain-migration.

Why!? ...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #73

Liked 910 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Quote:
got a little extra time on your hands dude?
I do. I've been off work for the holidays since last Friday. Go check out the earlier Gun Gripes by Moss Pawn on Youtube. They did one on this. It annoys them, too.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #74
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

I do. I've been off work for the holidays since last Friday. Go check out the earlier Gun Gripes by Moss Pawn on Youtube. They did one on this. It annoys them, too.
IV8888 does a ton of great videos, if you like him you should check out MrColionNoir

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Only problem with that is that while I do carry my handgun around nearly 100% of the time, even when at home (it's easier to just continue to carry it than to be running to and from the safe every time I'm home and when I'm leaving, plus the nearly zero chance of someone actually trying to do a home invasion on my house) however, I don't walk around my house with my AR slung over my shoulder ready for a firefight. --it tends to make the UPS delivery guy nervous when I open the door to sign for a package and I greet him with my AR.
In my neighborhood just about every house except ours has been burgled or experienced a home invasion within the past several years. The criminals come over here because they know people here have things to steal. We're one of the few houses on the block with burglar bars and a large dog, but to each his own. The police are less than a mile away and always seem to arrive in time to fill out paperwork about "what happened". If they've arrived and caught someone in the act, I've never heard about it. One of my next door neighbors actually moved because he was fearful for his family's safety after a couple burglaries and a home invasion.

I asked if he considered burglar bars, a dog, and a gun. I received a blank stare in reply.

I work from home and lay my carbine in my lap while I'm "at work". If you want to bet your life or the lives of your family on your handgun, be my guest. I like having options.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #76

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512

In my neighborhood just about every house except ours has been burgled or experienced a home invasion within the past several years. The criminals come over here because they know people here have things to steal. We're one of the few houses on the block with burglar bars and a large dog, but to each his own. The police are less than a mile away and always seem to arrive in time to fill out paperwork about "what happened". If they've arrived and caught someone in the act, I've never heard about it. One of my next door neighbors actually moved because he was fearful for his family's safety after a couple burglaries and a home invasion.

I asked if he considered burglar bars, a dog, and a gun. I received a blank stare in reply.

I work from home and lay my carbine in my lap while I'm "at work". If you want to bet your life or the lives of your family on your handgun, be my guest. I like having options.
Well said.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #77

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Kuz for 40 round mags are just a tad to heavy........and 10 rounds is definately not enough.
40's are perfect

image-2775781986.jpg

Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #78

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmwilkes View Post
Well said.
Well, I guess you have to assess the threat and do what makes you feel safe. I don't live in the ghetto where every house on the block has been broken into. I'm at the end of a dead end road, in a rural, safe, quiet part of the country. crime rate here is nearly zero, and the neighbors all know how to look out for each other and report suspicious activity before it becomes a crime (like calling the Sheriff when an out of place vehicle slowly drives down the road, turns around, and drives back out)

Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #79

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

So this then!
so ignorant!!!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #80
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Because I want to be able to defend myself from the oppressors of our tyrannical government.

If I could modify my Mini-14 to take a link belt I'd sell most of my mags.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin