Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Remember these are the people who say that the 2nd amendment protects the right of the hunter, constitution arguments will never work.
The Second Amendment allows the people to regain control of their
government when it become too tyrannical and corrupt.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 76 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Remember these are the people who say that the 2nd amendment protects the right of the hunter, constitution arguments will never work.
"There are people that say ..." is the stupidest argument ever made.

There are people that say anything and everything (i.e. never went to the moon, 9/11 was a gov't conspiracy, there are chemtrails vs contrails...).

For every idiot that "says something" there are at least a couple people who's head is not up their ass.

Unfortunately, common sense is just not enough to rely on, because the anti-firearm folks have no f'n common sense. That or they are just plain delusional. Maybe both ...

Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #63
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
That or they are just plain delusional. Maybe both ...
Both and a whole lot more.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3393 Posts
Likes Given: 5592

The founders wrote the first amendment to protect our most important freedoms.
Speech, assembly, religion, press, etc.

That's why it is the FIRST AMENDMENT!

Then they wrote the second amendment just in case any future government tried to disregard the first!

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 12-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #65

Likes Given: 3

Simply... because I can and should.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1888 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 700

I was attacked by golf balls again today. The way I was shooting a 50 round magazine wouldn't hurt. Maybe I can miss a golf ball faster with a 50 round mag. And burn up more ammo that makes the economy churn.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #67

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Mine never has,but I do keep it lubed with dry graphite.

I've never cared for the 30rd mags.I usually use 20 rounders in my AR's.
You know how your's works...as apposed to the "call of duty" ass hats shooting up GFZ's.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 502

Why does it matter why I want a 30 round magazine?

Does my 30 round magazine make my AR more or less lethal?

Am I more of a threat to public safety with a 30 round magazine than a 10 round magazine?

If we responsible firearms owners don't behave like criminals, then is there any good reason to treat us like criminals?

Is there some logical reason why 30 round magazines and machine guns were legal to own with few restrictions for decades and then not?

I'm pretty sure the world was no more or less violent then than now, but for some reason today's children seem to think that violence will solve all of life's problems, right before they end theirs. I'm still trying to grasp the logic of all that, but it seems to make sense to them.

Is there anyone here or anywhere else who can make a logically valid argument about how banning magazines over 10 rounds, specifically named weapons, or certain cosmetic features of weapons will make us all safer?

Mexico has what amounts to a ban on civilian firearms possession and I doubt anyone would make the argument about how safe a place Mexico is.

We need to ban cars, alcohol, and tobacco while we're at it. Combined, they certainly kill more people than guns every single year. If you die or are killed by something, are you "more dead" if you die one way versus another?

How many abortions are performed each year? Killing a child while the child is utterly helpless and entirely dependent upon its mother is A-OK in the liberal mindset, but once that child is born the child is magically the most important thing in the world. Where's the logic in that? I support the right to kill my own children, but don't you dare kill my children and don't you dare kill the pedophile who raped and murdered 12 kids. It takes a special type of mentally unbalanced person to think that way.

Having our children living in a total immersion environment (television, movies, and video games) that constantly glorifies violence is ok, but mythical sky wizard forbid you should show a woman's tits on TV.

Seriously, where do people come up with this crap?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 502

To answer this question in a serious way, let's say 5 or 6 armed men decide to try to force their way into your home to take what you have, like your guns for example. If you have an AR with a 30 round magazine and choke point, like the entry to your home, it becomes really hard for them to "assault" your position in your doorway and win. You aren't going to run out of ammo and require a reload and they aren't going to be able to get enough people or bullets into the area where you are firing from to overrun you. Most criminals carry small, concealable semi-automatic pistols that won't penetrate the brick/rock exteriors of the houses where I live and in that case a man armed with a semi-automatic rifle with enough ammunition stands half a chance of defending his family.

The above scenario is a realistic civilian use of 30 round magazine or "clip" for those of you who don't know the difference between the two and an AR type semi-automatic rifle.

I harbor no fantasies and have absolutely no desire to go to war with my own government. I used to work for them and I know that any moron with a semi-auto rifle shooting at an armored cavalry unit doesn't even make for interesting target practice.

That said, I find it particularly funny that the same people who ask you why you need something that has no civilian use and then tell you that you don't need it are the same people who have done everything in their power to prevent you from having equivalent firepower to the US military.

Liberal Logic:
I don't think you need that assault weapon to defend yourself against a tyrannical government using assault weapons against you and you're stupid if you think you're going to defend yourself with an assault weapon like our soldiers do. To prove it to you, I'm going to make it illegal for you to own an assault weapon so you can't defend yourself against the same assault weapons that we would use against you if we decided to. Therefore, there is no need for you to have an assault weapon.

If that isn't circular logic, I don't know what is.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #70

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
To answer this question in a serious way, let's say 5 or 6 armed men decide to try to force their way into your home to take what you have, like your guns for example. If you have an AR with a 30 round magazine and choke point, like the entry to your home, it becomes really hard for them to "assault" your position in your doorway and win.

Only problem with that is that while I do carry my handgun around nearly 100% of the time, even when at home (it's easier to just continue to carry it than to be running to and from the safe every time I'm home and when I'm leaving, plus the nearly zero chance of someone actually trying to do a home invasion on my house) however, I don't walk around my house with my AR slung over my shoulder ready for a firefight. --it tends to make the UPS delivery guy nervous when I open the door to sign for a package and I greet him with my AR.