Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

People who don't have belt fed machine guns
You mean semi auto belt fed rifle

Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #92

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

There is no reason to explain WHY you need a 30 round magazine. They are just standard magazines. Liberals and anti gun morons want to change that standard, so they call them high capacity "clips". It actually shows you the true ignorance these people have on firearms.

My Glock 17's magazine accepts 17 cartridges of 9mm for an example. That is standard. The libs just asked for the 10, so a few are stuck with it. It's just a typical anti gun tactic, that's all.

Last edited by Rarity; 01-02-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #93

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
Why does it matter why I want a 30 round magazine?

Does my 30 round magazine make my AR more or less lethal?

Am I more of a threat to public safety with a 30 round magazine than a 10 round magazine?

If we responsible firearms owners don't behave like criminals, then is there any good reason to treat us like criminals?

Is there some logical reason why 30 round magazines and machine guns were legal to own with few restrictions for decades and then not?

I'm pretty sure the world was no more or less violent then than now, but for some reason today's children seem to think that violence will solve all of life's problems, right before they end theirs. I'm still trying to grasp the logic of all that, but it seems to make sense to them.

Is there anyone here or anywhere else who can make a logically valid argument about how banning magazines over 10 rounds, specifically named weapons, or certain cosmetic features of weapons will make us all safer?

Mexico has what amounts to a ban on civilian firearms possession and I doubt anyone would make the argument about how safe a place Mexico is.

We need to ban cars, alcohol, and tobacco while we're at it. Combined, they certainly kill more people than guns every single year. If you die or are killed by something, are you "more dead" if you die one way versus another?

How many abortions are performed each year? Killing a child while the child is utterly helpless and entirely dependent upon its mother is A-OK in the liberal mindset, but once that child is born the child is magically the most important thing in the world. Where's the logic in that? I support the right to kill my own children, but don't you dare kill my children and don't you dare kill the pedophile who raped and murdered 12 kids. It takes a special type of mentally unbalanced person to think that way.

Having our children living in a total immersion environment (television, movies, and video games) that constantly glorifies violence is ok, but mythical sky wizard forbid you should show a woman's tits on TV.

Seriously, where do people come up with this crap?
This made my day

Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #94

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92

This made my day
WOW!!! That just made my day also

Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #95

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Why does it matter why I want a 30 round magazine?

Does my 30 round magazine make my AR more or less lethal?

Am I more of a threat to public safety with a 30 round magazine than a 10 round magazine?

If we responsible firearms owners don't behave like criminals, then is there any good reason to treat us like criminals?

Is there some logical reason why 30 round magazines and machine guns were legal to own with few restrictions for decades and then not?

I'm pretty sure the world was no more or less violent then than now, but for some reason today's children seem to think that violence will solve all of life's problems, right before they end theirs. I'm still trying to grasp the logic of all that, but it seems to make sense to them.

Is there anyone here or anywhere else who can make a logically valid argument about how banning magazines over 10 rounds, specifically named weapons, or certain cosmetic features of weapons will make us all safer?

Mexico has what amounts to a ban on civilian firearms possession and I doubt anyone would make the argument about how safe a place Mexico is.

We need to ban cars, alcohol, and tobacco while we're at it. Combined, they certainly kill more people than guns every single year. If you die or are killed by something, are you "more dead" if you die one way versus another?

How many abortions are performed each year? Killing a child while the child is utterly helpless and entirely dependent upon its mother is A-OK in the liberal mindset, but once that child is born the child is magically the most important thing in the world. Where's the logic in that? I support the right to kill my own children, but don't you dare kill my children and don't you dare kill the pedophile who raped and murdered 12 kids. It takes a special type of mentally unbalanced person to think that way.

Having our children living in a total immersion environment (television, movies, and video games) that constantly glorifies violence is ok, but mythical sky wizard forbid you should show a woman's tits on TV.

Seriously, where do people come up with this crap?
TESTIFY!!!! Great post!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #96
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post
Who needs mag's when you have a belt

Attachment 77453

Nice AR15 huh, chloeshooter?

Is it wrong for someone to correct you if you misspeak or use an incorrect term? Keep in mind we SHOULD all be on the same page here regarding this issue...and we SHOULD all want to spread true information not misinformation. I have about 70 clips in my home, they all hold 10 rounds. Magazines are a different article, and referring to them incorrectly is...well...incorrect. So get over it...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #97

Some good comments above.

I was with someone over the holidays who had expensive wrist watches. More than they needed or could wear on a regular basis. They were questioning my weapons.

I told him I have them
1. because I like them.
2. because it is nobody's business what my hobby is.
3. because if the economic system broke down because of Obama I could defend my family.
4. AR's with 30 round mags look really cool.
5. I would hate to only have criminals owning 30 round mags

there are lots or reasons and banning them will not change a thing.
Thanks

Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #98

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
There are a multitude of reasons.

IMO it is because children today are taught things like 'YOLO' (you only live once); there is NO God; Live hard, Die young...

I have seen more and more kids (less than 18) declare themselves to be atheists on facebook.

Kids today lack goals longer than a year at most. They've assumed a get rich now over planning for the future.

Many children are being placed on mind-altering drugs (prozac and others) to control mental conditions (ADD, ADHD, et al) by psychiatrists and psychologists.

eldar

Old 01-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #99
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2621 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

Because it has 10 more rounds than a 20 round magazine and 20 more than an Obama 10 round magazine!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #100

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Just for fun.