Why the AR? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why the AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah he was born with some type of infection in his lungs that they couldn't explain, but it wouldn't allow him to absorb oxygen. He was in a pure oxygen tent for ten days.

It wasn't pneumonia or the infection that comes from inhaling fecal matter... I don't think they ever did completely figure out what caused it.

They said if the labor hadn't been so quick that his mom couldn't get pain meds, there's no way he would have made it. Her pain in childbirth is in a way what saved his life.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #52

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Sad story, Trip, but glad it's turned out well for you son! Sounds like he's a fighter!

Good grief, white glove inspections on the M16/M4... even way back in 1969 when that "comic book" PM manual was released the Army's official stance was no white glove inspections of the M16!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Glad everything is good.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #54

Quote:
Sad story, Trip, but glad it's turned out well for you son! Sounds like he's a fighter!

Good grief, white glove inspections on the M16/M4... even way back in 1969 when that "comic book" PM manual was released the Army's official stance was no white glove inspections of the M16!
He had someone try to turn in a weapon with a live round in the chamber. He was pretty pissed.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #55

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
He had someone try to turn in a weapon with a live round in the chamber. He was pretty pissed.
That's an issue of bad chain of command. It should have been checked before leaving the range.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
That's an issue of bad chain of command. It should have been checked before leaving the range.
Yes it should have. It was someone doing a last minute M9 qualification, trying to get it knocked out to go home to their family. Unfortunately, the armory custodian was given free reign in my unit. What he said was almost considered the word of God. I saw him keep a Lt. Col waiting, and then sent him away to clean his pistol again.

But he was also one of the coolest people I got to know Strange how that works aint it?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #57

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Yes it should have. It was someone doing a last minute M9 qualification, trying to get it knocked out to go home to their family. Unfortunately, the armory custodian was given free reign in my unit. What he said was almost considered the word of God. I saw him keep a Lt. Col waiting, and then sent him away to clean his pistol again.

But he was also one of the coolest people I got to know Strange how that works aint it?
I can be like that, a complete power tripping jerk-off to most but a softy w/ a heart of gold who's willing to do anything for a select few.

Oh yeah, why the AR?

Being the choice of face shooting warriors, priceless

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #58

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 299

Quote:
My son had been born almost a month earlier, the doctor said not to travel with him until he reached 2 months, especially considering his complications (I was told he likely wouldn't make it through his first night, he's 6 now). I made a lot of extra cash taking other guys' duty nights. But I was still supposed to be off that night...

Short answer, I stayed in town for Christmas and New Year's for my son's health and for about $1500
Here is to your son. Family is first priority.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #59

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 299

Quote:

Just someone trying to pass off not repairing the gun onto the troopie that used it. I have been in places that had white glove inspections. I still turned in the 2404's with deadline deficiencies, alas to no avail. A $0.33 gas ring was too expensive.