Why is it ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Why is it ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97powerstroke
Could somebody please tell me why any time I am having a conversation with another shooter and I mention that my AR is an Olympic arms I get this look of discust as if they just stepped in something discusting. I don't get it, whats so bad about Olympic arms that would cause that kind of reaction. I don't seem to have any trouble with the gun at all. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger and never had a hiccup in the 3 or 4 years that Iv'e had it. What gives??
I feel ya, thats one thing that really rubs me the wrong way. At a recent mg shoot and gun show i had two seperate vendors ask about my 1911, when i told them it was a RIA they acted as if i had just projectile vomitted on them. I nearly told the one guy where to stick it but didnt, of course i stewed about for awhile and wished i had.

Its the same type of person who looks down on you when they pull up next to you at a traffic light in thier fancy (but imo useless) sports or luxury car.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380