who can find a cheaper "complete" upper - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > who can find a cheaper "complete" upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Nathan, what scope is that?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #82

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewNJNC View Post
Nathan, what scope is that?
Osprey 10-40X50 30MM
here is much more info on it and the Osprey 6-24X50 than i have on my .17HMR

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/osprey-tactical-scope-illuminated-rangefinder-reticle-30mm-review-48754/

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #83

Thanks Nathan! In all honesty I'm in the market to buy my first AR and I've been looking around at ways to customize it. Glad I found this thread as your AR looks nasty good! Lol. In terms of AR companies/manufacturers who do you recommend? I'm looking to get a good base model in the $700-$800 range that I can customize, but want something that will last. I'm sure you have some opinions. Thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #84

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It all depends. I like to get complete uppers then assemble the lower.

G and R Tactical sells BCM complete lowers minus stock for under $300. Those lowers come w/ staked castle nut and all mil spec parts. I personally think BCM is the value leader and is one of the best you can get. They also have great CS if by chance the need should arise.

VLTOR's IMOD for $50 is a wonderfull stock. I have one on my BCM.
Vltor Carbine Modstock Basic Kit

DD makes one of the best barrel IMO. My DD is smooth and accurate. A few guys here run DD uppers and complete rifles and are very happy w/ them.

PSA has some great kits. I've been sitting on some cash mulling over my next move wondering if I should just get a PSA AR kit.

Rainier Arms has some good stuff too.

DSGarms.com is a good place to shop as well.

I found a midlength, lightweight BCM upper complete w/ Gunfighter CH, BCM BCG, MOE HG, and BattleComp 1.5 for under $500. It had 300 rounds through it but belonged to a well known and trusted member of another forum.

There are some good deals out there if you look.
Nice pistol there mj, I'm rockin the 45 in Dark Earth with Tritium nightsights myself.
m-p.jpg  

Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewNJNC View Post
Thanks Nathan! In all honesty I'm in the market to buy my first AR and I've been looking around at ways to customize it. Glad I found this thread as your AR looks nasty good! Lol. In terms of AR companies/manufacturers who do you recommend? I'm looking to get a good base model in the $700-$800 range that I can customize, but want something that will last. I'm sure you have some opinions. Thanks
Cmmg 10214 Rifle 223 M4-le 16 Opt Rdy - Hyatt Gun Store

GFA Product

In Stock Now DPRFA2LPC DPMS Panther Lo-pro Classic 223REM 16" AR15 AR-15 For Sale at PersonalSecurityZone.com 20110928085611

Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #86

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Here is a link to get kits for everything but the lower internals (fire control, pins, buffer detent, etc) I have used this company before and I had no complaints.

Lightweight Tacticals

Old 09-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #87

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Huge difference. Some are so out of spec it's crazy. The pins either won't go in or vibrate out while firing. The springs and such can be a problem as well.

PSA is said to put together a nice LPK. G&RTactical puts together a "best of" lpk that people really like.

LOL, I only have one, a boy who I treat like he's a prince. Kinda reminds me how the Suadis treat their male children lol
Okay, here's what I've found out so far:
Not counting S&H, the lower or the barrel I am up to 467.95. I hope to be ordering some of it this coming week, and I think, by ordering it from as few locations as possible, it does a few things I want. No case of the mailman showing up ten different days, so I get it all in bulk, over two or three trips, (hopefully), and I can go ahead and assemble the lower (which is what I am ordering first).
BUT, Stag Arms has the entire assembled upper for $475.00, including the barrel. Order Stag Arms Products Online!
I think I may have to opt for the Stag, then change the parts out that I don't like.
It will also save me a couple hundred bucks. The lower I'm ordering the assembly you found the other day. I'm ordering the lower itself, as I stated previously, from Bigcat.
I actually still have the list compiled of all the various and sundry parts, and may, after getting this first one (and yes, taking it apart so that I can put it back together for practice), order the parts a bit at a time to soup mine up, and build me a .223 plinker.
Order Stag Arms Products Online!
It's the 6.8 SPC down near the middle that I saw.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #88

all got left to get is the stock, buffer, and spring. i just dont know if i want to leave the stock grip or not. i have handled magpul grips and dont care for them. i seen the one stark makes and it looking interesting. im torn between the A2 grip and a simple houge.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #89

Default cheap AR

wow your pic's look like my second AR build $580.00 done RRA lower and Arm alite upper

Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon

Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #90

damn Midway ships fast