You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

who can find a cheaper "complete" upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Just remember there are many levels of reliabilty. 40k+ rounds, w/ no cleaning, w/ all rounds being fired in an advanced carbine class. Now that's reliable to me

Glad to hear it's working out for you. Keep us updated.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #102

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

finished. this was my first "from the ground up" build, not just an upper and lower........ the marks on the upper were there already, i got it used.

does any one here know how to get rid of the rotational play in the Magpul MOE hand guard.

here are some pix.

i love this short stock

who can find a cheaper "complete" upper - AR-15 Discussion

Old 10-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #103

Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #104

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm with MJ on his comment. I need my weapon to work, no questions. I will do stress tests on mine after they are out of the breakin period and see how they fare, except my concealed carry ofcourse.

I just want to make sure if i'm going to be in a situation where that gun needs to run day in and day out that it's gonna do it, deep cleaning or not. Its one of the reasons I want to update into a piston system on my next gun so I can get one to the point where the synthetic lube can do its work and not get all nasty from the DI system.

I don't use the MOE stuff, so I can't help you there I prefere the good quality free float rails to regular handguards in most PoUs.

Last edited by TacticalPrecision; 10-06-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: MOE comment

Old 10-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPrecision View Post
I'm with MJ on his comment. I need my weapon to work, no questions. I will do stress tests on mine after they are out of the breakin period and see how they fare, except my concealed carry ofcourse.

I just want to make sure if i'm going to be in a situation where that gun needs to run day in and day out that it's gonna do it, deep cleaning or not. Its one of the reasons I want to update into a piston system on my next gun so I can get one to the point where the synthetic lube can do its work and not get all nasty from the DI system.

I don't use the MOE stuff, so I can't help you there I prefere the good quality free float rails to regular handguards in most PoUs.
i was trying to keep down on the weight, hence the pencil barrel. but i may be getting a blackhawk drop in quad rail to replace it. just not sure yet.

its the lightest one i can find. i just cant help but want to cowitness with an eotec
http://www.mysmartgear.com/product.php?productid=78877

Last edited by Nathantc; 10-06-2011 at 10:24 PM.