Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whitestone Castle Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Default Whitestone Castle Armory

I just ordered an SMI bolt carrier group (complete) from Whitestone Castle Armory (WCarmory.com). $97 !!! And they have them in stock. They ship all over the US and accept "walk ins" by appointment. I have heard glowing reviews locally on them jso thought I would give them a try.

ps: they also have powder and primers in stock. VERY reasonable prices. They apparently have a number of sources for loading supplies and accept back orders.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
Supporting Member

Liked 1797 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Robo,

Use caution! I have heard they are DPMS Carriers and some do not have the carrier key even staked? Of course I do not have much confidence in anything from DPMS anymore. I have seen several lower parts kits in the last couple of years that the trigger boxes as I call them where the Disconnector Spring goes were at least 15 to 20 degrees off center when looking at them.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #3

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Ad says staked. That would be the least of my worries, I can stake it in 3 minutes

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My DPMS carrier key is staked, quite well actually even better stake marks then my brother in-laws BCM he just bought so wouldn't worry to much bout it being staked (properly).

I'd be more concerned with quality of metal overall for $97 seems to good to be true but with stats like this it seems high quality

Bolt

9310 Super Alloy Steel (7% stronger than Carpenter No. 158® Steel) Hardened Steel Extractor D2 tool steel extractor Black Extractor Insert Mil-Spec O-Ring Milspec Gas rings (3) Parkerized exterior

Bolt Carrier

8620 steel Heavy Duty M16 design Grade 8 Gas Key Screws, Staked Parkerized exterior nano ceramic lined gas key and carrier interior.

Cam Pin

8620 steel Parkerized exterior

Firing Pin

416 stainless firing pin.

Work Hard Play Hard

Last edited by BigBizz87; 10-31-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #5

Liked 152 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 206

You can order AR parts from White Castle?? I hope they are better than their burgers

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #6

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
You can order AR parts from White Castle?? I hope they are better than their burgers
.....everytime I see this thread I get this hankering for a dozen lil sliders for some damn reason
People Like This