Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Where's the parts???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where's the parts???

Tying to find a Spikes lower receiver for another build, but there are no parts to be found! The few that I have run across have doubled in price over the last six weeks. What's the deal?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2145 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 1090

The Bad News is it is not going to get any better! The demand is presently coming on at a rate that far exceeds the demand for ARs and parts from the previous rush in 2008-2009. I was advised by one major company as of last week that presently have received over 5000 AR Orders to build and were getting additional orders at an unbelievable rate. They are cutting the parts orders so they can keep up with the complete weapon orders at the armory. When ask why, they advised due to the threat of Obama getting back which they advised, " quote" "God we hope not! And also those people preparing for the worst in the future. (SHTF) So if you need anything you best be getting it if you can?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSF76 View Post
Tying to find a Spikes lower receiver for another build, but there are no parts to be found! The few that I have run across have doubled in price over the last six weeks. What's the deal?
Palmetto State Armory still advertising their basic lowers for $79.95. These are nice lowers, maybe not the sexiest rollmark.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Hell, just get anything. I hear they are all made in the same factory.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

Palmetto State Armory still advertising their basic lowers for $79.95. These are nice lowers, maybe not the sexiest rollmark.
I'll check them out, thanks.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #6

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Hell, just get anything. I hear they are all made in the same factory.
So I hear!

Anyway, I'm ok on lowers, 2 extras, but it's time to decide on an upper most rikki tik. Or AgentTikki or whatever.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/psa-ar15-lower.html

Currently in stock. Don't know how many they have, but if you need one, this is one location.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #8

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
So I hear!

Anyway, I'm ok on lowers, 2 extras, but it's time to decide on an upper most rikki tik. Or AgentTikki or whatever.
So much to do so little time. Reloading equipment, or nightvision? 6.5 grendel or 6.8 spc? Too may questions too much to read. And I picked up a new obsession...flashlights.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If yuou're still interested in Spike's, keep an eye on AIM Surplus. I just picked up two blem lowers for $69 each. You just have to be quick because the last batch sold out in about 45 minutes. Create an account there and then click the "notify me" link on any of the listings you are interested in. You need to have your FFL transfer person all worked out in advance if you want to snag one fast.