Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Where are the stripped AR lowers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Here's one from the gun show today. They got an ear full from me when I saw it. Along with the people selling PMags for 75-100 depending on if they're 20 rounds or 30..
Holy crap. Bad thing is they'll probably sell it. Some people have more money than brains.

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #22

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Think about this. What good is it for a dealer who relies on their sales to feed their family to sell anything in high demand at MSRP so the buyer can go throw it on GB and make more? Distributors are out, manufacturers have no lead time for new orders their best guess is a year. So dealers who need to feed their families have no idea when they will get more product in and thus don't know if the could feed their family 5 months down the road. It would be like your employer handing you your monthly check for a weeks worth of work but laying you off until they call sometime down the road.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

kytowboater Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #23

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
Think about this. What good is it for a dealer who relies on their sales to feed their family to sell anything in high demand at MSRP so the buyer can go throw it on GB and make more? Distributors are out, manufacturers have no lead time for new orders their best guess is a year. So dealers who need to feed their families have no idea when they will get more product in and thus don't know if the could feed their family 5 months down the road. It would be like your employer handing you your monthly check for a weeks worth of work but laying you off until they call sometime down the road.
I understand that, especially coming with a retail sales background but when they had multiple in boxes right underneath it and multiple full lowers for $1300, I think charging approximately 10x the price is a little ridiculous. I get the higher prices, but coming from a pawn shop that deals with a lot of firearms and firearms accessories, not just ARs, I don't think they'd be hurting much. But that's just my opinion

Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 AM   #24

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I understand that, especially coming with a retail sales background but when they had multiple in boxes right underneath it and multiple full lowers for $1300, I think charging approximately 10x the price is a little ridiculous. I get the higher prices, but coming from a pawn shop that deals with a lot of firearms and firearms accessories, not just ARs, I don't think they'd be hurting much. But that's just my opinion
Every shop is different so it depends on their business model. Pawn shop owner is just trying to get in on the action. Gun buyers are some of the cheapest consumers I've met. Shops on average are working with a 10% markup on most new guns, which isn't **** when you compare water is marked up 4000%. Either way I think prices will remain high for some time. They will come down a bit, but I don't think we will see pre-panic prices for a bit.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 AM   #25

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Like I said they'll probably sell them. More power to them but it won't be me. I'd rather work on my bolt action skills than pay that price.

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

silverado113 Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #26

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:

Every shop is different so it depends on their business model. Pawn shop owner is just trying to get in on the action. Gun buyers are some of the cheapest consumers I've met. Shops on average are working with a 10% markup on most new guns, which isn't **** when you compare water is marked up 4000%. Either way I think prices will remain high for some time. They will come down a bit, but I don't think we will see pre-panic prices for a bit.
Oh yeah, the markup usually for firearms is terrible. When I sold them for academy, they didn't make jack off of them, it was always ammo and magazines or what not just like it is for almost every LGS I know of. I just think, seeing that they had more than one, they'd probably end up making more if they had a lower price that was more competitive to the others there. Being the only one, I could see it more justifiable. But it's the market right now and someone will probably purchase one of them and the owners just made a huge turn around off the idiot. Maybe it's just my tight wadness coming out when I see stuff like that

Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #27

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really hate to see the price gouging happening.

On the other hand if buyers are willing to pay the price oh well.

Supply and demand makes enemies.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
Supply and demand makes enemies.
What does that mean?

What is going on folks is not price gouging. We have exceptionally high demand, very limited supply, and supply will likely be made extinct by government regulation.

Anyone who doesn't raise prices in this environment would be very foolish.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
silverado113 Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #29

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

What does that mean?

What is going on folks is not price gouging. We have exceptionally high demand, very limited supply, and supply will likely be made extinct by government regulation.

Anyone who doesn't raise prices in this environment would be very foolish.
I think that's what he meant. Demand on a limited supply is going to drive price. So your going to make enemies or be to nice of a guy to get what you deserve

Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #30

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

There is nothing wrong with getting paid what the market will bear. It is not a life necessity like water.

Mostly, the people that are complaining about this are the people that did nothing to prepare for something that is always a potential issue with the liberal crowd. The same thing happened when Obama was elected the first time. Panic buying until the fear subsided and people went back to the norm. Those are by and large the same people complaining now.

I am not happy that prices are out of control right now because I should have bought more magazines when they were available at reasonable prices. That said, I understand why the prices are high and only have myself to blame. The only thing I can suggest is pay through the nose for what you want/need at this point or wait until the frenzy dies down and prepare.

Take a few minutes out of your day and write your representatives to fight this nonsense. This will accomplish a couple of things. First put them on notice that people are concerned and will hold them accountable at the ballot box which is what they are most concerned about. Second if enough pressure is put on them it will extend the debate about it hopefully long enough to let the hysteria die down and prices to right themselves.

Instead of complaining about this. Take a responsible approach and prepare yourself. I will even throw this out there. What do you see happening with our debt? The fiscal cliff is only the first of many things that are coming down the pike. We will hit the wall at some point and the comfort as a nation that we all know and love will be affected. How prepared are you for that? This is a few years down the road for sure, so there is plenty of time to prepare. I would suggest getting yourself some 25 year shelf life food, rice, beans, etc. They don't take up much room and if nothing ever comes of it, they can be donated to worthy causes. If the SHTF, you will be prepared and not complaining about the lack of product on shelves and the outrageous prices of them. Bottom line, take personal responsibilty and PREPARE.