Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Where are the stripped AR lowers? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/where-stripped-ar-lowers-79665/)

TimL2952 12-28-2012 11:25 PM

Where are the stripped AR lowers?
 
Probably a bit too late, but I just came into some money and I want to build my own AR.

I know there were a lot of good deals on the web but they all seem to be sold out and the only stripped lowers I found were somewhere along the lines of $300....

any help as to where I can find some decent deals?

Gone_South 12-28-2012 11:31 PM

Fear of a possible AWB coming have people buying up everything and in a hurry. Every time I see something available it's gone before I can act.

TimL2952 12-29-2012 01:50 AM

I see what you're saying, bud....everywhere I look, everything is sold out.

ctshooter 12-29-2012 02:15 AM

I have a stripped stag lower I may consider selling if the price is right.

TimL2952 12-29-2012 03:33 AM

well, considering this will be a piecemeal type of build, the most I was looking to spend on the lower was ~$150

I know if I wait I can get decent lowers for $90-120....so I'm hesitant to buy anything during the AWB scare...

Squawk 12-29-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy
well, considering this will be a piecemeal type of build, the most I was looking to spend on the lower was ~$150

I know if I wait I can get decent lowers for $90-120....so I'm hesitant to buy anything during the AWB scare...

Or you may be screwed. If the ban does pass, chances are you won't be able to get one through a FFL. I have two lowers and I thought about selling one but I don't want to gouge somebody, but at the same time I deserve a profit for getting ahead of the curve. Good luck. I hope you find one for a decent price.

silverado113 12-29-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1070104)
Or you may be screwed. If the ban does pass, chances are you won't be able to get one through a FFL. I have two lowers and I thought about selling one but I don't want to gouge somebody, but at the same time I deserve a profit for getting ahead of the curve. Good luck. I hope you find one for a decent price.

What do you want for it?

silverado113 12-29-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter (Post 1069953)
I have a stripped stag lower I may consider selling if the price is right.

What would that price be? PM Me por favor.

TimL2952 12-29-2012 03:01 PM

Ouch there Silverado....don't hijack the thread, go start your own if you're also looking to buy a receiver....

ScottA 12-29-2012 03:13 PM

He's just doing his part to drive the price even higher. :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.